What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Lamented (once again) over the fact that our awesomesauce rental in the South Bay doesn't have any kind of enclosed space to put a vehicle in while working on it. I need to install a hidden winch bumper, a Warn M8000, get holes drilled for my sliders (the main bolts are in but it needs 12 self-tapping bolts drilled and installed) along with a multitude of other things...

They're just dying to be installed and it would give me an excuse to upgrade my suspension (again!)

Reactions: GoldenStateAdv

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I was on Amazon too much today and ordered a few early holiday toys for my LR4.

I wanted some cheap but decent work lights/camp lights for the back of my roof rack. i also thought I would try a remote based (~80ft range) switch instead of drilling holes and mounting a switch. (I couldn't decide if I wanted a switch in the back, or the front of the vehicle, and then I wanted the ability to switch it on without opening doors or tailgate, and be able to flip the lights on from inside my tent if I need to light up the entire camp site in the dead of night)

The lights will be hooked up to my auxiliary battery, so it will work full time. One click of the remote from my tent or from a building and I will light up the entire camp or the parking lot or whatever situation I am in. The remote/relay thing will do strobe and dimming also.

Next I will figure out mounts so that I can use them rear facing or side facing. Anyone have a good idea for a 1" round bar roof rack tubing?

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I haven't done anything to my truck today but I did photoshop an aftermarket bumper on a picture to see it. It seems like Michael was right and that most overland vehicles eventually end up having generalized look to them for function. :0)

I'm trying to decide on the brand and the type of coverage I want/need. No bar, push or full front over the headlight bar protection.

I haven't found a decent looking bumper for the 10th gen F150.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Well, my winch won't be here for a couple weeks....I'll never order from PolyPerformance ever again. So, with that being said I trimmed enough off my front bumper so I could put it back on. Also ordered some O.B swag
Did PP indicate that it was in stock? What happened?

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

Did PP indicate that it was in stock? What happened?
Apparently they drop ship all items that aren't their own Synergy brand. I ordered it Sunday evening and it still hasn't been shipped from who they get it from. Only reason I ordered it from them is because they're local and thought they had it in stock.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Well, my winch won't be here for a couple weeks....I'll never order from PolyPerformance ever again. So, with that being said I trimmed enough off my front bumper so I could put it back on. Also ordered some O.B swag
I think that I'll be ordering my Engo through metaltech4x4.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Apparently they drop ship all items that aren't their own Synergy brand. I ordered it Sunday evening and it still hasn't been shipped from who they get it from. Only reason I ordered it from them is because they're local and thought they had it in stock.
Yea, they can be hit and miss on what they stock. That is why, when it comes to them, I call and stock check for will call.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Got my Lokka Dana 44HD locker installed today. The mechanics were a little perplexed by it. But, I explained how it worked and the key things to pay attention to. I also supplied a new Yukon Gear cross pin. It tested out on the rack just fine, but they got worried again when they backed it out and it started popping. By the time I got to the corner it had actually quieted down a bunch. Stopped about halfway home to re-erect my antennas and made some experimental S turns in the parking lot under various throttle conditions. When I got home I played with banks out of our pasture. The key test was a steep off-camber bank that stopped my wife's Grand Cherokee in 4 low right after we bought it.
Mine went right up it with no complaints.

I can't wait to test it out on Sunday with Jordan and friends at Badlands!!!

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Whipped up some spacers for my new bump stops. Used what I had laying around. This weekend I'll build some landing pads on the axle and get everything mounted.
That's genius.

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

Where do I start? My day was crazy and it's all stuff that involves my truck! Started the morning with a message asking if I'd be interested in testing out prototype equipment for a local start-up outdoor company. Mid day I received the email saying my winch was ready for pick-up. After I picked up my winch and started to install it I received a email stating my application was accepted to provide photos of my truck sporting the companies product. Got the rig washed, and unloaded/reloaded. Headed north in the AM to pick up said product, then off to find snow for the photos! I'm spent. Oh, here's the hidden winch. Have to do some touch-up trimming on the bumper, and figure out where to mount the dang box.

image.jpeg

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Wow! Great day. Looking forward to hearing more! Got more stuff to do to my WJ. Get some sleep and dream of Overlanding!

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Cleaned up, primed and painted my tire carrier swing gate. Just need the paint to dry, then mount it, trim the bumper a bit and wire the license plate lights. Can't believe it almost done.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Where do I start? My day was crazy and it's all stuff that involves my truck! Started the morning with a message asking if I'd be interested in testing out prototype equipment for a local start-up outdoor company. Mid day I received the email saying my winch was ready for pick-up. After I picked up my winch and started to install it I received a email stating my application was accepted to provide photos of my truck sporting the companies product. Got the rig washed, and unloaded/reloaded. Headed north in the AM to pick up said product, then off to find snow for the photos! I'm spent. Oh, here's the hidden winch. Have to do some touch-up trimming on the bumper, and figure out where to mount the dang box.

View attachment 619
Right On!

Centerfold Model!

mrgeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Winston Salem, NC
Member #

3 days of prep work to get my new (to me) rack. I picked up a newer version of my Kargomaster Congo Cage off JK Forum and I had to remove my current rack. Which unfortunately meant removing the safari rack, front and rear lights, hi-lift mount, and limb risers. Then I had to actually get the rack off that was pretty well stuck together. I'm going to clean it up, paint it, and seal it before I sell it, which should actually pay for my new rack and possibly more since I got the new one for cheap. I only get a couple hours each night to work so it takes days to get things done... The sacrifices we make when we have kids, totally worth it though.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

y got my swing gate tire carrier on my jeep. Still have a bit of wiring to finish for the license plate lights and some more trimming to do to the bumper, but it's finally on. I still need to finish the fold down table and install some rear racing flood lights on it, but at least I am close to being able to drive it. I haven't driven the jeep in a week since starting this project.

Reactions: k9sar