Rank II

Enthusiast I

Florida, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Davison
Member #

So, those are made by PP Engineering the same people who make a cage for 2nd Gen Xterra. Nistech doesn’t stock them, they are built to order and ship from PP who currently can’t guarantee a delivery time frame, or if they will continue to produce it.

When you go to PP Engineering’s site, that particular item is listed as discontinued.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Moved my cell booster antenna to a more permanent spot, should stay here until the new tent arrives.
How well does that thing work? Been curious about getting one for a while now. Verizon on my iPhone is decent here in western WA. AT&T service more than a few miles from I-5 was nonexistent. Would like to have even further reach if possible.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Version 10.0 or something in that area. Installing rearview camera, DC/DC charger and WeBoost interior antena. Plus some other upgrades before our Big Bend NP TX adventure next month.
IMG_0651.JPG

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Version 10.0 or something in that area. Installing rearview camera, DC/DC charger and WeBoost interior antena. Plus some other upgrades before our Big Bend NP TX adventure next month.
View attachment 243246
You will enjoy BBNP. Special place, we are going in late Feb for our third trip there!

Reactions: Kent R

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Today I proved a friend wrong. He said I couldn't build a sleeping platform in a 2dr Jk.

Edit 10/24 I will be posting a better set of pictures and more details soon. Proof of concept works now the redesign to reduce the bulk of material.

Attachments

Last edited:

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

Installed a REDARC Tow Pro Elite brake controller. The installation bracket (not included) is essential for an install on a JLU. had to make a slight "modification" to the kick panel to get it to fit and ensure that the controller is in a position to avoid interfering with the vertical steering wheel adjustment. Also had to sacrifice the 12 volt socket on the dash to custom install the sensitivity dial.

IMG_1199.jpegIMG_1201.jpegIMG_1200.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: roots66

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Upgraded the radiator in my Xterra from the oe Nissan radiator to a supercharged Koyo radiator for better cooling. Also added an auxiliary transmission cooler.

While process took about 3 hours, and that was without really knowing what we were doing.

Also refilled my wiper fluid.

Member III

Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Finally able to have time to get the truck painted with Raptor liner. Oilve green for the body and a simple black on all the trim. Next on the list is lift, wheels, tires, skid plate, rear bumper and roof rack. Hopefully by February ill have a nice chunk of that list done

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Systems check before our big SW adventure; Wagan DC/DC charger, Wagan 2K inverter with remote, and never to be without Wagan camp lights and flashlight. Everything works perfect and will give us piece and mind when off grid for an extended period. @wagantech

Attachments

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

Systems check before our big SW adventure; Wagan DC/DC charger, Wagan 2K inverter with remote, and never to be without Wagan camp lights and flashlight. Everything works perfect and will give us piece and mind when off grid for an extended period. @wagantech
That’s a really clean setup!
Good luck on your trip!