Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I reconfigured the deck plate to work with some new cargo boxes.

No charge for the overland hound hair.

C9C51A4B-215C-4441-995A-ADE190E52F0D.jpeg5EF12DD2-DEE1-4331-89BE-B9BC03A762CF.jpeg2B53E4A7-CA45-4B88-995C-9ACE6EB2ACD5.jpeg0175A324-0DD5-461A-9FB0-457B3CD99DB8.jpeg

Reactions: roots66

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

I installed my budget ditch lights. Had a couple of light pods and a wire harness from previous projects and bought some $12 hood mounts from Amazon. Wired in super easy to the Auxbeam 6 gang switch kit. They are only 18 watt lights but make a huge difference for seeing on the side of the road and anything that may be grazing just off the road.

(I may have intentionally included my new OB emblems in the pics...)

Attachments

Reactions: roots66

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I installed my budget ditch lights. Had a couple of light pods and a wire harness from previous projects and bought some $12 hood mounts from Amazon. Wired in super easy to the Auxbeam 6 gang switch kit. They are only 18 watt lights but make a huge difference for seeing on the side of the road and anything that may be grazing just off the road.

(I may have intentionally included my new OB emblems in the pics...)
I have 4 of those lights on my trailer, and they work incredibly well to illuminate camp. They're also super cheap. They work way better than the have any right to for how much they cost.

Reactions: D4R4x4

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
After the last trip I was on, after rolling I to camp in the dark, I realized I needed to add some interior lights to the trailer.

I also added a light to the kitchen box.

Just need get the wiring secured, and the switches mounted to the boxes that are coming on Sunday.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
It's a good weekend when you get two installations done and still have time for the family. Installed my Genisis dual battery kit this morning giving me connection points for my ham radio and frige power. Also moved the winch power from the crank battery. (All connections are fused)20221016_105528.jpg

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Nothing except pick up two sceptre water cans from Lowes on the way back home from Clinicals. Lowes have them on sale for $27 which is the best price I have been able to find them.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Pulled the engine. Removed the trans/tcase and started removing the stuff I need for the other block. I was looking closer at the other block and I think I'm going to tear is down and at least have the block hot tanked. The cooling passages are full of stuff that looks like mud. The pistons are marked "STD" so this block has never been bored out. If everything else checks out I'll bottle brush hone it, slap in some new bearings and rings, paint it up and send it.

About 3 hours of work to get it on the floor, another 45ish to pull what I pulled off, but still have a few more parts to go.

pre pull.jpgpulled.jpgon the floor.jpggetting there.jpgSo emtpy.jpg

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Pulled the engine. Removed the trans/tcase and started removing the stuff I need for the other block. I was looking closer at the other block and I think I'm going to tear is down and at least have the block hot tanked. The cooling passages are full of stuff that looks like mud. The pistons are marked "STD" so this block has never been bored out. If everything else checks out I'll bottle brush hone it, slap in some new bearings and rings, paint it up and send it.

About 3 hours of work to get it on the floor, another 45ish to pull what I pulled off, but still have a few more parts to go.

View attachment 242958View attachment 242959View attachment 242957View attachment 242956View attachment 242960
Nice! I wish I had the skills/tools/space to pull off a job like that.

Me? I finished up the install of my interior lighting for the trailer.

I got both switch boxes cut and mounted up.