Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Finally was able to alleviate the taco lean and my slight rubbing issue. Had to crank the driver side coil-over 2 more rotations and the passenger one. I’ve been rubbing ever since my dealer “aligned” the vehicle after a recall. Unfortunately they put it back to stock alignment, but with the aftermarket UCAs I have. That stock alignment caused my rubbing problem. But now the taco has a bit more of a leveled stance.

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Thanks! I've liked those wheels since they first came out. Generally referred to as "Turbines" now they were simply listed as 10 spoke wheels in the sales brochures of the time. I bought an XJ Laredo new in 1990 (long gone now) and was adamant that I got those wheels. There were 2 options and I probably drove the sales person nuts making sure I got them.

It took about 6 months to find theses ones. I had a wheel shop restore them for me as there was no way I could have got them to turn out that well myself. It was also much less expensive than buying new wheels of almost any type. Here are before and after shots plus one of my Comanche which also has them (I've since added the original caps).

View attachment 234945View attachment 234946
View attachment 234949
Be still, my beating heart. I really want a MJ to add to the garage next to my XJ. I had a chance to buy one for 1500 dollars back in 2002 and passed it up and by the time I got aroudn to wanting another one the market had exploded.

Reactions: PCO6

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Some buddies came over, and we dropped the tub in place. It's bolted down, and I also did a few other odds and ends. Tomorrow I'll be painting the air filter assembly and tubing and pedals and starting on the wiring harness. That garbage pancake K&N filter will be going in the garbage bin, it's just there to keep stuff out of the carb.

Attachments

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Be still, my beating heart. I really want a MJ to add to the garage next to my XJ. I had a chance to buy one for 1500 dollars back in 2002 and passed it up and by the time I got aroudn to wanting another one the market had exploded.
This MJ has been a lot of fun for the last 8 or so years. I'm the 7th owner and it was pretty much stock when I got it. I've done a lot to it but it's generally been mechanical / electrical refreshing and cosmetics like adding the Turbines and the sports bar. It's a 1988 2WD Eliminator with a 3.07 rear end and in Jeep terms it goes like stink. I regularly take it on day long trips just to have fun ... and chase down Jeep parts.

It's also good because my wife likes to drive it. She takes the bikes and I pull the trailer. lol

21-09-26 1.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
This MJ has been a lot of fun for the last 8 or so years. I'm the 7th owner and it was pretty much stock when I got it. I've done a lot to it but it's generally been mechanical / electrical refreshing and cosmetics like adding the Turbines and the sports bar. It's a 1988 2WD Eliminator with a 3.07 rear end and in Jeep terms it goes like stink. I regularly take it on day long trips just to have fun ... and chase down Jeep parts.

It's also good because my wife likes to drive it. She takes the bikes and I pull the trailer. lol

View attachment 235025
Outstanding!

Reactions: PCO6

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Some buddies came over, and we dropped the tub in place. It's bolted down, and I also did a few other odds and ends. Tomorrow I'll be painting the air filter assembly and tubing and pedals and starting on the wiring harness. That garbage pancake K&N filter will be going in the garbage bin, it's just there to keep stuff out of the carb.
My first Jeep in the early 70s was a 1969 CJ5 ... different but I'm keeping an eye on this ... and enjoying it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Downs and DaleRF

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Well, that's some ingenuity! Good job! :laughing:
Fortunately, the screws I use on my rack to hold the traction boards in place, are the same size as the tripod screws on the 360. Gives me a lot of options. I’ll try something different today for a different angle. Poor man’s drone technology, lol

Reactions: Jim SoG and DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Fortunately, the screws I use on my rack to hold the traction boards in place, are the same size as the tripod screws on the 360. Gives me a lot of options. I’ll try something different today for a different angle. Poor man’s drone technology, lol
Whatever works. I totally thought you were running a drone!

Reactions: cgranier

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not much to report from yesterday. Mostly deciphering the wiring diagram supplied with the new harness. The harness is excellent quality, but the directions leave a lot to be desired. I'm hoping to have the wiring wrapped up for the most part tomorrow except for the lighting, and get the fenders on.

tub wiring.jpg

tub wiring 2.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Not much to report from yesterday. Mostly deciphering the wiring diagram supplied with the new harness. The harness is excellent quality, but the directions leave a lot to be desired. I'm hoping to have the wiring wrapped up for the most part tomorrow except for the lighting, and get the fenders on.

View attachment 235143

View attachment 235144
That thing just looks awesome! Nice job going on.

Reactions: Downs