DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
This MJ has been a lot of fun for the last 8 or so years. I'm the 7th owner and it was pretty much stock when I got it. I've done a lot to it but it's generally been mechanical / electrical refreshing and cosmetics like adding the Turbines and the sports bar. It's a 1988 2WD Eliminator with a 3.07 rear end and in Jeep terms it goes like stink. I regularly take it on day long trips just to have fun ... and chase down Jeep parts.

It's also good because my wife likes to drive it. She takes the bikes and I pull the trailer. lol

View attachment 235025
Outstanding!

Reactions: PCO6

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Some buddies came over, and we dropped the tub in place. It's bolted down, and I also did a few other odds and ends. Tomorrow I'll be painting the air filter assembly and tubing and pedals and starting on the wiring harness. That garbage pancake K&N filter will be going in the garbage bin, it's just there to keep stuff out of the carb.
My first Jeep in the early 70s was a 1969 CJ5 ... different but I'm keeping an eye on this ... and enjoying it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Downs and DaleRF

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Well, that's some ingenuity! Good job! :laughing:
Fortunately, the screws I use on my rack to hold the traction boards in place, are the same size as the tripod screws on the 360. Gives me a lot of options. I’ll try something different today for a different angle. Poor man’s drone technology, lol

Reactions: Jim SoG and DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Fortunately, the screws I use on my rack to hold the traction boards in place, are the same size as the tripod screws on the 360. Gives me a lot of options. I’ll try something different today for a different angle. Poor man’s drone technology, lol
Whatever works. I totally thought you were running a drone!

Reactions: cgranier

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not much to report from yesterday. Mostly deciphering the wiring diagram supplied with the new harness. The harness is excellent quality, but the directions leave a lot to be desired. I'm hoping to have the wiring wrapped up for the most part tomorrow except for the lighting, and get the fenders on.

tub wiring.jpg

tub wiring 2.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Not much to report from yesterday. Mostly deciphering the wiring diagram supplied with the new harness. The harness is excellent quality, but the directions leave a lot to be desired. I'm hoping to have the wiring wrapped up for the most part tomorrow except for the lighting, and get the fenders on.

View attachment 235143

View attachment 235144
That thing just looks awesome! Nice job going on.

Reactions: Downs

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Just picked up a used Dometic CFX3 fridge. Got it hooked up in the Jeep- trying to figure out if I can run this thing on a single battery.
If you have a single lead acid cranking battery, I’d set the temps a touch higher and set the battery protection to high. It would be fine for an overnight trip I would think, but you don’t want to let it sit like that for too long or you’ll drain the battery. A simple upgrade that would net you a little more useable battery would be to upgrade to a AGM for your cranking battery. I’m running dual Odyssey AGM’s personally.

Reactions: SVgarage

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
If you have a single lead acid cranking battery, I’d set the temps a touch higher and set the battery protection to high. It would be fine for an overnight trip I would think, but you don’t want to let it sit like that for too long or you’ll drain the battery. A simple upgrade that would net you a little more useable battery would be to upgrade to a AGM for your cranking battery. I’m running dual Odyssey AGM’s personally.
I have an Interstate battery that I bought from Costco. Probably not AGM. I always carry a NOCO battery jumper with me, so I'd just like to see the tolerance of where my battery is at. I'll run the simulation overnight and set the temp to 34°F - I'll make sure to turn off the ice maker feature.

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
You could also get a solar generator from someone like EcoFlow or Bluetti. I assume they are both going to be doing Prime Day deals on Amazon. Plug it into the 12v plug in your rig to keep it charged while driving, run the fridge off of the solar generator. Then you have extra power to charge up a phone or laptop or GoPro etc. 500-750w of a solar gen would be sufficient for a few days with the fridge without recharging. The smaller sogens can’t really handle big AC draws from stuff like a hair dryer or heat gun etc, but it’s suitable for simple stuff.

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
You could also get a solar generator from someone like EcoFlow or Bluetti. I assume they are both going to be doing Prime Day deals on Amazon. Plug it into the 12v plug in your rig to keep it charged while driving, run the fridge off of the solar generator. Then you have extra power to charge up a phone or laptop or GoPro etc. 500-750w of a solar gen would be sufficient for a few days with the fridge without recharging. The smaller sogens can’t really handle big AC draws from stuff like a hair dryer or heat gun etc, but it’s suitable for simple stuff.
Great suggestions. In reality, I'll probably install a dual battery setup, but still doing my investigating. For now, I'm just trying to get past this weekend. Lol. All in due time...