Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Got the table that I purchased a few weeks ago installed finally. The instructions stated to use the supplied self-tapping screws to screw directly into the plastic, but I chose to go a bit beyond that and purchased some bolts, washers, and nylon lock nuts and bolt through the plastic. This meant I had to take the door skin off, but, that's a small amount of extra effort for the added peace of mind.
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2944.jpg
IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_2945.JPG

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
A few more things done today. Got the Rigid lights mounted in the Bumper. The Rotopax watwr cans mounted on the HQ19, and some locking straps with metal cables running through to secure the Jerry Cans inside. Dont want to put a locking latch on it since the heater diesel tank is inside.

Took apart the ARB dual compressor to replace the Pistons, Still didnt fix the low air output problem. So ruled out the pressure switch aNd the pistons. Their support has been great so far and sent me all the parts needed to test/replace with no expense to me. I will be waiting to hear back from ARB monday on the next step since these have not resolved the issue.

Attachments

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Welded up and painted reciever for my bumper, threw on some S2 scene lights
I really like the military water cans, tough and easy to use. Bought a spigot for mine to use at camp. I was also able to procure a harder to obtain 'fuel' version, all of them in desert tan. My truck's era, did not offer OEM bed rails, so to secure items like fuel and water (military style), I constructed a base and backboard frame, for which I attached Jerry can base units to. This allows easy access and removal when not needed. Instead of trying to secure in the bed the individual containers, I use a web strap to snug down each container in it's base. I then brace the dual or triple unit using 2 cargo bed load locks. 1 of them bracing on the pickups bed side, and the other over them to secure in the bed. This TRIPLE LOCKS them in place, while not installing a permanent mount. It keeps them more secure, also minimizes rattles. This arrangement allows a choice of more fuel or water, depending on need. I built a 2 can and a 3 can version, for a total of 5. It has worked well, and not allowed 'play' by using web straps on the cans themselves, rather than metal bracing. I also use camper shell C-clamps with mounting rings to use straps over what ever i am transporting in the bed if needed,

I have watched videos where metal fuel can retainers have failed over time due to not being SNUGLY MOUNTED. They had a little play and could rattle. They over time,... grenaded due to vibration's like rough washboard roads. They also could wear at the container causing a failure due to rub. Either Ronnie Dahl or Andrew St. Pierre White (4x overland) had a video on it. .

PS:
I use respondant reviews on Amazon to get actual feedback on products. It is very interesting how some nationally recognized branded names are so badly engineered. Either not fitting as designed, or bad welds, chipped or flaking paint etc.

Last edited:

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
My she’ll finally came in so I had it put on today! Leer 100XR. Went with that because I wanted/needed sliding windows for better ventilation back there

Attachments