Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS callsign WRTJ513
Towed my kid's first rig home...'97 Ford Explorer with only 99k miles. Paid $1250. Only issue mechanically is fuel pump...that should run us $65 and a couple hours of work. Then we'll start on some cosmetic and interior issues and the fun stuff...lift, tires, brush guard, etc.

The real question though...do I dare call it Chuck Jr? If it was a Blazer or Jimmy it'd be a no-brainer. But the Ford gives me pause...
I'm running a 95 Explorer. It has been a very capable rig. Even better with the latest mods. Just don't expect to find much "bolt-On" parts. If you like to fab, this is the platform LOL.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hi Jim, Did you had to relocate the plate? If you did, How did you did it? Thanks
I did, I cut (Stripped out screws) off the bracket that was on the Wilco in a bad spot, then installed 2 riv-nuts and bolted the bracket on where I wanted it.

Jim

Reactions: Explorador

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Stuck a gas container on the back of my rig, you know for those quick trips where nothing can possibly go wrong, or sideways... ever.. And who knows maybe you find a great trail and want to venture just a little further.. IMG_1991.jpg

05EXCURSION

Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

Attachments

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Moved the air hose hookup location from the rear bumper to the door of the topper. Also added in an auto retracting reel to make it easier. Its only temporarily mounted, I didnt want to drill holes in the bed as It will be moved when I build the drawer system... eventually.

Attachments

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Started installing my switch pro panel, got some new soft shackles. Waiting for my Bubba snatch rope to arrive as well as a Luno air mattress! Getting ready for into the month camping trip!

Attachments

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Lovin’ my new #YodaTech #gullwing window replacement for my #80series #LandCruiser. It now gives me easy access to my #ARBDualAirCompressor. I plan to mount my small first aid kit and air compressor supplies in mollie bags on the gull wing mollie panel. Should make access and organization better. I

Attachments