Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Finished the rear seat platform/storage. Still need to install dividers but this will house an inverter, 18v air compressor, battery charger, recovery gear and emergency items. Also a flat spot for the Labrador to ride!

Attachments

Craig Cooper

Rank V

Advocate III

1083 Paha Packard Road, Ritzville, Washington 99169, United States
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ki7aan
Finally mounted my battery with out a bungee cord lol. Found this cool mount plate on Amazon that clamps the optimas by the bottom flanges. Worked really well, billet aluminum, $48.

Attachments

Craig Cooper

Rank V

Advocate III

1083 Paha Packard Road, Ritzville, Washington 99169, United States
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ki7aan
Finally spent the time and started building my switch control panel in the bronco tonight. Tomorrow, I’ll trim out the plastic bezel and make some filler panels.

Attachments

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

I installed Airlift 1000 air bags today on my Mojave. Took about 90 minutes with a second set of hands. We did not remove the springs and it went pretty well overall. At 10psi the bed just started to lift a little. I have a long 800 mile trip tomorrow so I'm going to leave it like that to see how it rides.

I have a bed rack and fridge/slide totaling about 270 lbs in/on the bed right now.

Heading to the mountains to camp in May so I'll bump up the pressure and test off road then.

If you're considering these, don't let the install scare you.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Towed my kid's first rig home...'97 Ford Explorer with only 99k miles. Paid $1250. Only issue mechanically is fuel pump...that should run us $65 and a couple hours of work. Then we'll start on some cosmetic and interior issues and the fun stuff...lift, tires, brush guard, etc.

The real question though...do I dare call it Chuck Jr? If it was a Blazer or Jimmy it'd be a no-brainer. But the Ford gives me pause...

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Towed my kid's first rig home...'97 Ford Explorer with only 99k miles. Paid $1250. Only issue mechanically is fuel pump...that should run us $65 and a couple hours of work. Then we'll start on some cosmetic and interior issues and the fun stuff...lift, tires, brush guard, etc.

The real question though...do I dare call it Chuck Jr? If it was a Blazer or Jimmy it'd be a no-brainer. But the Ford gives me pause...
I'm running a 95 Explorer. It has been a very capable rig. Even better with the latest mods. Just don't expect to find much "bolt-On" parts. If you like to fab, this is the platform LOL.