Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Yeah I noticed that and it's only 58,000 miles. Jezzzzz.
Zim
I just changed all of mine a couple weeks ago. Made a huge difference in the ride. At 370k+ miles, it was an all-day job that I would not do again. You should probably think about it sooner than later, as I think it only gets harder as the fittings rust. Just my $.02.

_Dan

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Okay then. Here's the update on bumperfest 2022. Got the old bumper off and started the fabrication of how I was going to attach it. Went as planned but it took most of the day mounting, and demounting the thing about 25 times to get the fit right. I'm liking the look so far but the winch cradle will be the challenge.
Zim
View attachment 224973

View attachment 224974

View attachment 224975

View attachment 224977
Oh boy that looks like fun.... but it sure does look mean!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I just changed all of mine a couple weeks ago. Made a huge difference in the ride. At 370k+ miles, it was an all-day job that I would not do again. You should probably think about it sooner than later, as I think it only gets harder as the fittings rust. Just my $.02.

_Dan
Good point. Weather is getting better too. I don't have a garage so working outside like today at 31* is tough for this old man. LOL
Thanks
Zim

Reactions: Murphy Slaw
D

Deleted member 14476

Taught the truck how to recycle aluminum.

Ran over something on the interstate that after the car ahead of me swerved around it a little too late for me to react safely. New one ordered, might go try to get this one massaged or use it as one of those tire tables.

Attachments

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Taught the truck how to recycle aluminum.

Ran over something on the interstate that after the car ahead of me swerved around it a little too late for me to react safely. New one ordered, might go try to get this one massaged or use it as one of those tire tables.
Man that blows, but glad you’re safe.

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

I looked at it, thought about doing some stuff I'd been planning on it, and then shoveled and blew the snow out of the driveway instead. Then I got busy doing paperwork for my business.

I have a dog kennel in the back seat of my Tacoma for my scent detection dog I need to take out. That should be fun....it barely fit in there. I need to take out the sleeping platform I made for the truck and put the kennel back there. I need to make my gasket for the space between the slider cab window and the cap slider window. I need to get a heater back there for my girl. And then I need to secure and anchor the kennel (Lucky Duck) down to the bed.
It's my dedicated camping truck, but I find myself running her around to do her work in it often enough. And now that we have our off road teardrop, I will use the sleeping platform a whole lot less.

Reactions: roots66

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Finished up the passenger side. Both sides are secure, and the outer supports are attached. Now to the middle section. Weather is going to be crappy for the next few days, and tomorrow I get my ear cut off...LOL. (some cancer so not sure how much ear)
This project has been rough on me. I've built 13 race cars, a dozen or more grills and smokers, the camper on my sold Toyota, and this thing is kicking my ass. LMAO.
Zim
IMG-1806.JPG

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Finished up the passenger side. Both sides are secure, and the outer supports are attached. Now to the middle section. Weather is going to be crappy for the next few days, and tomorrow I get my ear cut off...LOL. (some cancer so not sure how much ear)
This project has been rough on me. I've built 13 race cars, a dozen or more grills and smokers, the camper on my sold Toyota, and this thing is kicking my ass. LMAO.
Zim
View attachment 225126
Looking great, Zim! Best wishes on your cancer removal tomorrow.