York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Set up the tent to check for mold or anything. Thank goodness it was totally clean. Also set up the tent atrium for the first time, need to take it down and do it again 2-5 times in order to make it late at night proof.

View attachment 224700View attachment 224700
You reminded me with that picture that I need to set up my annex. I’ve never used it before. I feel like it’s going to be aggravating. Lol

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Set up the tent to check for mold or anything. Thank goodness it was totally clean. Also set up the tent atrium for the first time, need to take it down and do it again 2-5 times in order to make it late at night proof.

View attachment 224700View attachment 224700
You reminded me with that picture that I need to set up my annex. I’ve never used it before. I feel like it’s going to be aggravating. Lol
I found this one very easy. No instructions needed. Good luck with yours.

Reactions: JacksonRL

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Added some weather stripping to the trailer. I was especially focusing on the control room (I call it the control room for fun) where the battery and electrical wiring is. It was sealed off from rain, but I added some expanding foam to try and keep dust out. Hopefully it’ll work.

Attachments

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Replaced the old seat back backpack with this seat back gun rack & molle panel. All the CERT stuff fits in the included pack and the first aid kit is in the compartment below it. And, there's still room for a trauma kit. Only issue is the straps aren't made for seats with integrated headrests, so I'll have to work on that....later.

View attachment 224521View attachment 224522
I've got the Smittybuilt style and love mine. Just secured the pew pew to the navigators head and I'm good. LOL
Zim
holster.JPG

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Placed the badges. Wasn’t really sure about the one for the truck bc i didn’t want it to look like a “trail rated” Jeep badge. But I guess it’s good where it’s at.
=======================================================================================================================

I look at it this way,....................................What makes a JEEP trail rated? Is it because it is a jeep,....NO. It is tires, LSD or locker's, shocks, skid plates, etc. That is what makes a vehicle 'trail rated'. Bumpers, winches, those just make it more capable. Thing's like sliders just minimize trail damage, and contribute to your vehicles ability. Members from around the world wheel in a variety of rigs, with minimal upgrades over stock, and enjoy the expieriance.

I put them on my truck, not because it makes my truck all that it could be, but because it is a conversation starter, and that can be a good thing where were trying to educate people and make more people appreciate what the outdoors provide and help pay it forward. And it is a little nose tweaking, to those who are unabashed fan boys, and do not see the humor:anguished:

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Well now. Started the passenger side of the bumper. I think I forgot to tell ya what I was doing. So I can't bend 1.25" tube. Tubing bender is $400 but the die is almost $400 and I'm not going to need it after this. The bumper I want is $4000. So I bought the part I could not make, and making the part I can't afford. LOL.
This side is mocked up, on to the mirror side and then the middle with a winch tray or cradle.
BTW I did have a CAD (cardboard aided drawing) and this is being fabricated design build. The stock bumper will come off in a day or so.
Zim
IMG-1786.JPG

IMG-1787.JPG

IMG-1793.JPG

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Well now. Started the passenger side of the bumper. I think I forgot to tell ya what I was doing. So I can't bend 1.25" tube. Tubing bender is $400 but the die is almost $400 and I'm not going to need it after this. The bumper I want is $4000. So I bought the part I could not make, and making the part I can't afford. LOL.
This side is mocked up, on to the mirror side and then the middle with a winch tray or cradle.
BTW I did have a CAD (cardboard aided drawing) and this is being fabricated design build. The stock bumper will come off in a day or so.
Zim
View attachment 224801

View attachment 224802

View attachment 224803
I would pay you for one of those lol. Mine is an F150, pretty close. Haha. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I would pay you for one of those lol. Mine is an F150, pretty close. Haha. I can’t wait to see the finished product!
Ya never know. I may travel in the future...ahahhahahaha. I'll let you know and thank you. It's a cross between a ARB and the WARN HD bumper.
Thanks
Zim

Reactions: JacksonRL

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Zim
View attachment 224801

View attachment 224802

View attachment 224803
I think I have the same CAD program.
It seems I have to use it for everything I want to upgrade because there is no aftermarket for the 2nd generation Explorer. Which is exactly why I chose the platform.
Nothing against Jeeps and Taco's, their popular because they are very capable machines. I just tend to gravitate towards what is not supposed to be typical.

-Dan

Last edited:

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I think I have the same CAD program.
It seems I have to use it for everything I want to upgrade because there is no aftermarket for the 2nd generation Explorer. Which is exactly why I chose the platform.
Nothing against Jeeps and Taco's, their popular because they are very capable machines. I just tend to gravitate towards what is not supposed to be typical.

-Dan
Perfect. I'm a career Draftsman and have been drawing professionally since I was 16 so the last thing I want to do is draw something and then make it. LMAO. I come from the rooms of white shirted black tie guys and had to move over to autodesk, autocadd, mommascadd ladda ladda ladda. I don't need all that anymore. I just need it done. LOL
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.
Zim

EDIT: This bumper (ARB style) would look so cool on a Explorer.

Reactions: danwyandt