Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I really love a mini countryman. It is small and still it looks big and mean.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the advice in one of your vids. We just ordered for ourselves 3 plano cases. They will be used the same way as you doing it.

Here in the Netherlands we say: Goed voorbeeld doet goed volgen.

A good example has many followers. (more or less translated)

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Did the roof today, and I think its done. So tomorrow I will go and do some shopping for the Roof Rack. And maybe, if everything goes well, I can work on it for an hour or so.

Greetings from Robert

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

6678 said:
Hello folks, Did the roof today, and I think its done. So tomorrow I will go and do some shopping for the Roof Rack. And maybe, if everything goes well, I can work on it for an hour or so. Greetings from Robert
Hi Robert.  I like your work ;-) you are a busy man.  How is the weather there now. Here in New York, still dealing with cold and windy conditions. can't wait for warmer days!!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Frisly,

That busy is very relative. I can work so much as three hours a day, then I am breaking down. (rheumatism) So easy jobs take forever. This job I would have done in a week time in my younger days, now, it takes already a week or five. But, Iam not complaining, as it can be much worse.

The weather is good at the moment, will be a bit colder next week, but I hope it will be more and more warm the following weeks. Need that warmth to work outside.

Anyway, did cut down the roof rack more or less today, and did some shopping for it as well. Tomorrow I hope to get a nice piece of the roof rack done.

Pictures will follow.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

Again some work on the Van. The roof rack is going to be a bit different now.
It will be longer, and because of the Pop Up roof, it will have a hole in the middle.
So, because of that, I needed to extend the rack and make it higher as well.
So here are the results of a afternoons work.

It will be about 20cm longer

There comes a day when I will learn how to welld properly.

protecting the van

Extension ready

How it looks on the back

Well, that's it for today, Tomorrow another day of work and then I hope it will be done. What I hope as well is that I can get it done completely. But, hey, if not, there will be another day to come.

Greetings from Robert

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

5532 said:
I didn’t do much but I ordered some parts. An in dash Navigation radio for daily driving and I Ordered larger brakes for the rig. My F150 already had good brakes but I had to replace a rotor so I decided to jump in with both feet, lol. The upgraded brakes are from the Ford Expedition. I should have waited because I’ve been trying convince myself on doing a 7 lug conversion from the stock 5lug. The 7lug would basically be all the same IFS up front except having 7 lugs but the rear upgrades to the larger 10.25″ rear end vs. the stock 9.75. I’ve been told the 9.75 is probably better but I’ve already been the victim of sheered off lugs in a car, I would hate to see it happen in a truck on the trail. Any opinions of 5 lug vs. 7?
I don't know if you're still considering the 7 lug conversion but in my experience the 7 lug stuff is hard to find and wheel selection is dismal.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all again,

Another day of work and well, the basic Roof rack is done, now just the extra stuff.
Here the pictures of todays work.

Front part of the rack

The rear part of the rack.

Here will the sandladders be stored.

And the solar panel will be on top of that.
I hope I can work tomorrow a good part of the day and be ready with all of it. We will see.

Greetings from Robert

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I got new decals for the side of my truck but they're the wrong color.

I wouldn't usually mind but there's more of the original color other places on the truck.

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

Put a 30 inch curved light bar in the grill, new headlights, fog lights, and brakes, need my sliders and build my roof rack and I'll be back in business!

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

7583 said:
Put a 30 inch curved light bar in the grill, new headlights, fog lights, and brakes, need my sliders and build my roof rack and I’ll be back in business!
Ryan; that loos really nice. I did not know they made curved light bars.

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

7589 said:
Ryan wrote:
Put a 30 inch curved light bar in the grill, new headlights, fog lights, and brakes, need my sliders and build my roof rack and I’ll be back in business!
Ryan; that loos really nice. I did not know they made curved light bars.
Frisly, Thanks man! I just found out about them most guys do flat bars in that space. My brother put a curved one on his RZR I thought it might work well and to my amazement the conture is perfect! Now I'm trying to decide if I want a flat or curved 50 inch on my A piller mounts and the lighting for my rack.

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

uparmmored the hummer for the crazy weather today.

ErikVonSkis

Rank 0

Contributor I

the latest mod for my Alpha H3 was a dual battery install with T-Max.  then before that was relocating my rear shock for 5" of more travel.  always doing something the last image is fixing the steering rack mount, know issue with the H3.

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

7791 said:
the latest mod for my Alpha H3 was a dual battery install with T-Max. then before that was relocating my rear shock for 5″ of more travel. always doing something the last image is fixing the steering rack mount, know issue with the H3.
@Ian doing some good work! Where did you get that shock bracket? I just put new 5100s on. I'm wanting to do the twin battery set up too. I've got a new rack and pinion to put in how was that?

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

..Still waiting on my Moog UCA for my F150.  It feels like I ordered them months ago.  I'm never ordering anything on a friday evening again, lol.

ErikVonSkis

Rank 0

Contributor I

@Ryan, thx.....for the steerting rack, couple things. driver side mount should be replaced with a steel one (mayhemmetawors.com)is the one I instsalled (ref image below).  also, in the image with rack  out, you can see the mounts in the bottom center, side by side. known problem that causes a lot of issues. the bolts on the passenger side are a little tough to get too.  the last thing is the steering linkage, will need a friend to line it backup. ------- Rear shock mounts came from (lowrangeoffroad.com) and are Ford Upper Front Shocks.  you'll need to cut and measure, plus angle the bottom.  make sure you have a soild back plate to sandwich it.   Works awesome, Mojave and Mtn tested.  ------- Dual battery, went with (barnes4wd.com) for the mount. works with 34/78 Optima batteries, and T-Max for the controller.  Sweet setup for the lights and winch.  A lot of research, H3's are harder to mod then it's sister Jeep.

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

I ordered my Starter.   Lately my rig has been giving me hard time to start. ( first, I tough it was the main switch)  I blame the hard winter we had here in NY. every once in a while when I started my rig it did not start. then after a few tries it did. but when it did, the solenoid was sticking.( kept running for a few seconds, after starting)  problem well know with the 80 LC.   So yesterday I order a OEM Starter. I will pick it up on Tuesday and will install it either Wednesday or Thursday. will post Pics of install.

There is a option if you want to overhaul the starter and  just replace the brushes. I went with the new started. Here is a link a found in other forums. just in case if you want to do the starter overhaul. Check at the bottom of the page, on the left, you can go back to home page and see other topics for LCs. Hope this help other 80s and patrol owners.

http://www.george4wd.taskled.com/starter.html

Reactions: MOAK

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

7753 said:
uparmmored the hummer for the crazy weather today.
Ryan; this is something that has me thinking for a long time. what to do when those big storms hit. time to get some materials ready in the garage.  we have to take care of the rigs!!