First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
How do you plan to mount it securely?
I have 4 tabs welded to the bottom inside, and some access holes on top. Problem is there is no room at the windshield and in front the tabs are off a inch...lmao. So.............might have to reweld the tabs up front, and use a thumb wheel (which works) on the windshield. Design flaws are my speciatity...ahahahahahha. Oh, and screws into the plastic tray of the dash, so perminate scars. Always throw a rubber pad in there and call it good, but I'm keeping the truck until they offer me 7K more than I paid for it, like the Tacoma I just sold...lol
Zim

er waddell

Rank VI
Investor

Influencer I

Bay Colony Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131, United States
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYU
Service Branch
United States Army
I just completed my latest electrical upgrade. The 100w cascadia solar charges my main battery. When its full it continues to charge my aux battery with a redarc bcdc charger. Also my spod is set up on my aux battery.

Attachments

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
We added a LED Light Bar after wheeling in the dark at Big Bend and learning a hard lesson.

Attachments

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Jump started it because I accidentally left the CB radio just barely in the on position, and sometime during my three weeks in hospital, the battery went flat as a pancake lol It started up first try and I drove around for about an hour and a half, so hopefully all good now.
Jump started it because I accidentally left the CB radio just barely in the on position, and sometime during my three weeks in hospital, the battery went flat as a pancake lol It started up first try and I drove around for about an hour and a half, so hopefully all good now.
glad your out and rolling

Patman

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Hollister, Ca
First Name
Patrik
Last Name
Hultin
Member #

Tore apart my bed setup, getting ready to go into the body shop. No fun, but an excuse to rearrange/rethink my set up. Silver lining. Might be selling my softtopper and rack to go to a smartcap

Attachments

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
...uh oh...sounds expensive...:confused:
I walked in front of the rig with a flashlight for the better part of 20 miles in the middle of the night on a dirt road in Big Bend. It was Oct so the weather was perfect for a walk in the park. We got back to base camp around 2 AM. Got up to kayak the river the next day, just epic. The day before we learned about having fix a flat, tire patches and better comms with two flats on the river road. Over all it was about four days of fun and $1.5k of upgrades and tires after. LOL wheel with what you have, so you learn what you need. We had maps, plenty of food, water and humor to spare!