Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Working on fabricating a 180 degree awning and a shower/ toilet for the trailer. All DIY from scrap yard materials. Built the framework from square tube steel the hinges from some round tube steel and some c-chanel. The shower will be mounted in a gun-case. Once I finish fabricating the framework, I will take the rig to a local tent maker and have the awning skinned and a shoer curtain made. I have about $30 in metal from the scrap yard and guesstimate the awning cover and shower curtain will cost me @$300 for both. Still a significant savings over retail pricing for an awning and an overlanding shower stall.

Attachments

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Working on fabricating a 180 degree awning and a shower/ toilet for the trailer. All DIY from scrap yard materials. Built the framework from square tube steel the hinges from some round tube steel and some c-chanel. The shower will be mounted in a gun-case. Once I finish fabricating the framework, I will take the rig to a local tent maker and have the awning skinned and a shoer curtain made. I have about $30 in metal from the scrap yard and guesstimate the awning cover and shower curtain will cost me @$300 for both. Still a significant savings over retail pricing for an awning and an overlanding shower stall.
Any advice on the awning? I’d like to fab my own since I don’t have a rack on my topper. I have tracks, but still have to fit in the garage.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
its SOOOO hot here in the swamps that i'm doing good just getting outside, let alone trying to go on any trips anywhere. as a result, the tundra has been reduced to a 'grocery getter' along with its regular trips to lowes for honey-do materials.
today was one of those days....:disappointed:

IMG_0947.JPG

Fosters

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Florida, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Goldhawke
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4NTX
Are those the new X-Bull mounting system. If so how do you like them? How are they in quality, as their price is cheaper than most kits.
Yes x bull, made my own mounts to attach to my roof rack out of all thread and emt clamps…have had nothing to compare them too…seem sturdy enough especially given the cost