What Did You Do With Your Rig Today? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Member III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Reactions: MattLodi

lhoffm4

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Working on fabricating a 180 degree awning and a shower/ toilet for the trailer. All DIY from scrap yard materials. Built the framework from square tube steel the hinges from some round tube steel and some c-chanel. The shower will be mounted in a gun-case. Once I finish fabricating the framework, I will take the rig to a local tent maker and have the awning skinned and a shoer curtain made. I have about $30 in metal from the scrap yard and guesstimate the awning cover and shower curtain will cost me @$300 for both. Still a significant savings over retail pricing for an awning and an overlanding shower stall.

Attachments

shaepa

Rank III
Adventure

Traveler III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Working on fabricating a 180 degree awning and a shower/ toilet for the trailer. All DIY from scrap yard materials. Built the framework from square tube steel the hinges from some round tube steel and some c-chanel. The shower will be mounted in a gun-case. Once I finish fabricating the framework, I will take the rig to a local tent maker and have the awning skinned and a shoer curtain made. I have about $30 in metal from the scrap yard and guesstimate the awning cover and shower curtain will cost me @$300 for both. Still a significant savings over retail pricing for an awning and an overlanding shower stall.
Any advice on the awning? I’d like to fab my own since I don’t have a rack on my topper. I have tracks, but still have to fit in the garage.

grubworm

Rank V

Member III

Thibodaux, LA, USA
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRMA515
Service Branch
USN-Submarines
its SOOOO hot here in the swamps that i'm doing good just getting outside, let alone trying to go on any trips anywhere. as a result, the tundra has been reduced to a 'grocery getter' along with its regular trips to lowes for honey-do materials.
today was one of those days....:disappointed:

IMG_0947.JPG

Fosters

Rank I

Contributor II

Florida, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Goldhawke
Ham Callsign
KK4NTX
Are those the new X-Bull mounting system. If so how do you like them? How are they in quality, as their price is cheaper than most kits.
Yes x bull, made my own mounts to attach to my roof rack out of all thread and emt clamps…have had nothing to compare them too…seem sturdy enough especially given the cost

outside.perception

Rank IV
Adventure

Member III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
Installed an Iceco fridge slide this weekend on my DIY gear platform I built a few weeks ago. Next up is either a cargo shelf or a cabinet over the fridge for additional storage.

Attachments