What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial
W

with_tyler

Finally found the little son of a gun that’s been causing all the noise in my front left wheel. It was stuck between the dust cover and the rotor.
Dang. I have had that happen. So annoying. I feel like I am hyper aware of odd sounds and anything like that drives me nuts. Nice work getting it out.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Finished up the mostly brake rebuild on the CJ7 but found out the master cylinder is shot and the calipers are jammed up, was hoping to save them but oh well. Once those items are replaced the braking system will be essentially new other than the hardlines. Got a RA order coming in to replace those items.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Dang. I have had that happen. So annoying. I feel like I am hyper aware of odd sounds and anything like that drives me nuts. Nice work getting it out.
Thanks haha. It definitely wasn't easy to find. I had to replace my starter last week (took a plunge deeper than intended over memorial day) and I looked for it then. I didn't find it so I thought maybe when I removed the wheel it worked it's way out. But nope so I just started tapping/shaking on each component until I heard that rattle to pin point it.

Now I got a few things on my plate. Doing a half rear seat delete (60% Portion) and I'm going to attempt a DIY Fridge slide. Then I'm going to replace the stock fogs with an Amber LED POD.

Reactions: with_tyler

bamakojon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hueytown, AL, USA
First Name
Jonny
Last Name
Cochrane
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DGM
Went camping in the Talladega national forest this weekend and reached a new level of achievement with a busted CV joint. Luckily I was able to limp home. New parts (yay!) are in the mail already. Taking the moment to convert to manual hubs as well. Will post pictures once that's complete!

Attachments

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
Paid it off!! Woohoo!! Hurt to write the big lump check but I just wanted to get out of payments. Paid off almost 18 months early. Now time to get some goodies!!
Congratulations! I've only got a month and a half to go on mine, I can hardly wait!

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

more what I didn't do..

Today I decided not to put a RTT on my 4Runner.
I have been going back and forth for a while now, trying to decide.

Ultimately, throwing 130 to 180 lbs that high and and losing ~1.5 MPG is a no go.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66