What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

D42DE56C-0A48-4C4B-AE61-92CEAEFC59C6.jpeg
Got my bronco running for the first time in a long time. Parked it a while back because it is losing oil pressure. The wife changed my mind for me because she wants to drive it. So until this fall when the 12 valve swap starts, she can drive it until it’s internals are on the ground. New battery and some gas in the carb and it fired right up.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Have removed the carpet in the trunk and the lower half of the backseat to try and find out where water comes in when it rains, and ordered 4 new tires.

Reactions: roots66
U

UgotWheelz

Today I picked up wood heating pellets with the rig; to keep Mom's house warm at night until we leave on the nomad life. I stopped at 4WheelParts again just to check and see if anything new was in the computer for the BroncoSport. So far nothing but the same 1.5" lift kit and light bar still not available yet. I am eagerly awaiting Real skid plates and some additional lighting.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Removed the upper half of the backseat and the sparetire (and factory steel wheel) as that's 20 years old, that's atleast 50 kg/110 lbs of weight gone from my car.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not on my Jeeps but got the Red CJ drivable and got my brother's CJ7 running but it's leaking from the accelerator pump and running rough in general, I also pulled the interior out of the CJ7, my brother wants to run with no carpet to help keep future rust issues from popping up in the floors. The fuel filter was so clogged up with varnished corn gas that it wouldn't flow. Changed out all the rubber lines the fuel filter and tossed 5 gallons of ethanol free in and after about 20 seconds of cranking it fired up, though is running a bit rough and missing a bit. Placed a large order on Rock Auto to include a carb refresh kit.

Tore the Motorcraft carb down on my brother's CJ and dunked all the parts except for the body of the carb because it won't fit in the paint can of carb cleaner.

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Loaded up Vannery O'Connor with most of what's left in my storage unit, disassembled the tall shelving I'd built, and loaded it all up, too.

God I love having a long wheelbase van. I purposely built out my interior so I could do stuff like this on short notice, or go adventuring with a quick slide-in of components and cases.

van-haulingstorageshelves_6241-900.jpeg
These are the platforms used in 24 of 32 linear feet of shelving that went up eight feet around three sides of the storage unit, as seen below. Some of the lumber in the van already is 10' long.

storage_4424-900.jpg
Adventure storage. Almost all the stuff in here is gear I've collected for adventuring or future off-grid place. The upper shelf was filled for a long time, too.

Building the storage racks like this greatly expanded what I could store. More importantly, it kept it organized and made retrieving what I wanted much easier than digging through or moving gear out of the way.

storage_6236-900.jpeg
A lot gone; started removing the 14' of storage racks along the left side.

TIP: Those who use storage places; check out the options of various companies and their unit sizes. In most storage units, if you get a deeper one, it often goes past mid-point, so has a higher ceiling as seen above. That means elevated shelves expand vertical capacity better than the shallower units on the other side of the back wall.

storage_6264 copy.jpg
By tomorrow, all this will be gone too. Swept out and cleaned; no more exorbitant monthly payment. This place raised their rates too much in the middle of the pandemic; taking what I consider to be an unfair advantage of folks having to move and needing storage.

When making the storage racks, I designed it so the platforms could be easily be reused by simply removing the uprights. It's a giant flat pack system.
I'll make more storage elsewhere that is less expensive, like these I made a few years ago, sized for specific containers:

organized_0988-900.jpg

But right now, back to work emptying the van and going to get the rest.

Last edited:

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Organizing for the next trip, charging camera batteries, etc. Paring down the list because I always take too much stuff.

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Not on my Jeeps but got the Red CJ drivable and got my brother's CJ7 running but it's leaking from the accelerator pump and running rough in general, I also pulled the interior out of the CJ7, my brother wants to run with no carpet to help keep future rust issues from popping up in the floors. The fuel filter was so clogged up with varnished corn gas that it wouldn't flow. Changed out all the rubber lines the fuel filter and tossed 5 gallons of ethanol free in and after about 20 seconds of cranking it fired up, though is running a bit rough and missing a bit. Placed a large order on Rock Auto to include a carb refresh kit.

Tore the Motorcraft carb down on my brother's CJ and dunked all the parts except for the body of the carb because it won't fit in the paint can of carb cleaner.

Tell your brother to take a look at monstaliner. The stuff is amazing and will help with the rust prevention. I just did my whole truck in it. I like the way it turned out. Will be doing my old bronco and cj7 as well.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

This weekend tackled three annoyances with the WJ. Installed 2 row aluminum radiator for cooling improvement, trimmed front bumper for tire clearance, and reconfigured the front sway bar disconnects for hardware clearance. The radiator was a challenge as it was "almost" for a WJ, the discos were about installing as they should be and not how the directions said, and the bumper trim was an exercise in restraint to take "just enough" off.

Attachments