What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Ordering my new Hella E-code headlights and ddm Ultra 55w H4 bi xenon kit for them. Finally some good headlights. LED SUCKS. 4500k nice normal light color not blue garbage color, some real light power to punch down the road, and proper cut off with shields and E code light housings so no blinding other drivers, unless they get beamed for driving with their garbage led bars on (common place around here). Can't wait to get it all installed and taken for night rip. I am also adding 55w HID to my 500's. I had this done before and they are a great budget lighting setup for long range full coverage lights.

Here are a few photos....

first one is truck lite trash on low, second on high, then 500 HID on....Check the color of the lights and overall intensity.
I am going to retract this comment a little bit. I am going to correct it by saying MOST led lights suck. I have had a chance to experience Vision X LED, WOW.....WOW.....BEYOND WOW! I installed 2 sets of rigid side shooters on a western star for a client and they were meh...nothing great. I now have seen a set of vision X ADV 6" and HOLY CRAP! their shocker bars are amazing too. Much better built than rigid, way better output with warmer color lighting, and overall just better light patterns. No comparison between the two setups.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Happens here too. For some reason we have a super fragile power grid down here. You breathe too hard and the power goes out. And we're probably less than a mile straight line from the GEUS powerplant. When the"not a tornado" hit downtown Greenville we were some of the last to have our power restored.
Yeah we're you here a few years ago when that ice storm hit and everyone was without power for over a week? That was fun, ours goes out alot more now days than it did when there was only 1 power company to choose from now it is like 7 different companies on the same lines so there is alot of confusion as to who's responsibility it is. Our power didn't come back on til around 7pm.

Reactions: Downs and Ubiety

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I collected parts for a few months for a suspension upgrade. Front got adjustable coilovers w/600lb springs, UCA's with delta joints. On the rear I move the shocks to the outside of frame rails and added a AAL. Truck is level and 1.25 inch higher than oem. 33.3 inch tires clear. State has much of the woods locked down so I haven't had a chance to really work it yet.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I collected parts for a few months for a suspension upgrade. Front got adjustable coilovers w/600lb springs, UCA's with delta joints. On the rear I move the shocks to the outside of frame rails and added a AAL. Truck is level and 1.25 inch higher than oem. 33.3 inch tires clear. State has much of the woods locked down so I haven't had a chance to really work it yet.

Hey I dont mean to be an alarmist but shouldn't that upper control arm have a boot on the joint? it will last a little longer.
1609162794913379526662497760989.jpg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Took the kids out yesterday just running some more gravel/dirt backroads I haven't been on yet around the county.

Came across the "Redeemed Christian Church of God" North American headquarters. This is basically a Megachurch in the middle of field just north of Floyd, Tx. They own a lot of land around the main church which has housing for various members of the church and a Dormatory type building. The whole place is kind of creepy to me.

This is one of the large houses I think is associated with the church. They had a partially burned skid loader in the field, looks like it burnt fairly recently you can see the burned grass in this photo.

Large congregation buidling.

Creepy dorm building.

One of the many county roads that hasn't had gravel put down yet. After rains these dirt roads become nearly impassible. There's a lot of these in the county still.

Nap Time

People are disgusting. I'll never understand why they trash everything like this.

You can see another older mattress over there.

Some Christmas stuff still up in Downtown Farmersville.

"Killed in the battle of Argonne" 26yo

Found this early Willys rotting away as a lawn ornament. :( Looks like it still has the full drivetrain in it.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
We waited for about 3 months for our new T@g Boondock to get built, but it showed up this week right before xmas! We love it so far. Suspension upgrades might be in the plans for the future...
View attachment 181473
Those trailers are pretty sweet! Nice rig too!

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Hey I dont mean to be an alarmist but shouldn't that upper control arm have a boot on the joint? it will last a little longer.
View attachment 181454
For some reason Icon does not use boots on the Delta joint. They want you to lube often, pump grease until you have clean grease flowing out. It may be the amount of articulation the joint has keeps them from using a boot.

Reactions: Downs and Ubiety

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

For some reason Icon does not use boots on the Delta joint. They want you to lube often, pump grease until you have clean grease flowing out. It may be the amount of articulation the joint has keeps them from using a boot.
Hmm it still don't sound right to me, I have basically the same uca setup. On a dedicated race vehicle that you tear down and rebuild every few races I could see , but not a daily driver.
I guess if you keep her pumped full of grease you'll be ok for a while, but those boots help keep the grease in and dirt out so you don't have to do that all the time.

Its not my truck so I can't really tell you what to do, just letting you know that didnt look right to me. Personally though I'd get boots you wouldnt run a lower ca without one or a cv joint bare.

Reactions: Ubiety

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Yeah we're pretty stoked! I don't think we'll be able to take this on super technical trips, but it'll be great for the easier ones!
I’d get one if I had a place to park it lol.
Yeah... We're lucky that we have a 2.5 car garage, so the T@g fits in the .5 spot and the other two vehicles fit in the 2.

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Nothing on the XJ today beyond replacing a broken oil cap. I did change the shifter bushings and pin on the Samurai though. It's nice to be able to get to reverse without punching the passenger in the thigh.

Reactions: Ubiety