First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Why downsize the breaker?
The reason i downsized the breaker was so i dont burn out my fusebox. The fusebox is 100A, with the relay box pulling whatever all my lights will be running (probably 40A or so when all said and done). Id rather air on the side of not starting an electrical fire, but if i need to have more capacity down the road It's easy to swap out the breaker. The 4 gauge wire should be safe up to 140A or so ,for the distance in running (20ft or so).

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The reason i downsized the breaker was so i dont burn out my fusebox. The fusebox is 100A, with the relay box pullung whatever all my lights will be running (probably 40A or so when all said and done). Id rather air on the side of not starting an electrical fire, but if i need to have more capacity down the road i can. The 4 gauge wire should be safe up to 140A or so ,for the distance in running (20ft or so).
The missing piece. Definitely don’t overdrive the power sources.

Reactions: Ubiety

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I replaced the shift lever to gain the tow/haul button to enable trailer mode. It seems cop cars never have need to haul anything. Start to finish it was 20 minutes.

Attachments

my69opelgt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Spirit Lake, ID, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Holt
Member #

Climbed the local mountain range with friends (social distancing from our rigs) Views, mud, hill climbs, snow, shear drop-off, Bbq hot dogs, night trailing, and a rescue. Kids had a blast too.

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Climbed the local mountain range with friends (social distancing from our rigs) Views, mud, hill climbs, snow, shear drop-off, Bbq hot dogs, night trailing, and a rescue. Kids had a blast too.
Quality on second photo isn't that great, is that a Sportage?

my69opelgt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Spirit Lake, ID, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Holt
Member #

Quality on second photo isn't that great, is that a Sportage?
Yes it's a 2001 Sportage with a custom 3in lift (made by me) 27in bfg mt. Custom Steel front bumper with 2" receiver (also made by me) and fuel carrier. I like to do custom one of a kind off-road accessories.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Yes it's a 2001 Sportage with a custom 3in lift (made by me) 27in bfg mt. Custom Steel front bumper with 2" receiver (also made by me) and fuel carrier. I like to do custom one of a kind off-road accessories.
That's awesome. We had one right about the time I got my Driver's license can't remember the exact year it was the first gen. WE took that thing everywhere. I would love to have one around, I remember it being a lightweight fun thing to drive. Real manual shifted t-case, manual trans. Loved it.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Installed an ARB single compressor in the JT today - great spot and super easy install (video I followed below).
Have not wired or plumbed it yet; still waiting on the parts to plumb; been real sick and the simple install took it out of me.
Put a piece of notebook paper on top of the compressor and closed the hood - no creases so it is not sticking up too high.

B7A39445-410A-4DD8-96B7-B5EEA3A22237_1_105_c.jpeg698CC3AD-7999-45D2-969C-AEDFF10D4FF5_1_105_c.jpegDC55640D-42AC-4904-8672-26AC151F5CAE_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Removed the n-fab steps and was ready to start marking and drilling the frame for sliders when the power went out due to wind i guess.
View attachment 181342
Happens here too. For some reason we have a super fragile power grid down here. You breathe too hard and the power goes out. And we're probably less than a mile straight line from the GEUS powerplant. When the"not a tornado" hit downtown Greenville we were some of the last to have our power restored.

• Wow

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Ordering my new Hella E-code headlights and ddm Ultra 55w H4 bi xenon kit for them. Finally some good headlights. LED SUCKS. 4500k nice normal light color not blue garbage color, some real light power to punch down the road, and proper cut off with shields and E code light housings so no blinding other drivers, unless they get beamed for driving with their garbage led bars on (common place around here). Can't wait to get it all installed and taken for night rip. I am also adding 55w HID to my 500's. I had this done before and they are a great budget lighting setup for long range full coverage lights.

Here are a few photos....

first one is truck lite trash on low, second on high, then 500 HID on....Check the color of the lights and overall intensity.
I am going to retract this comment a little bit. I am going to correct it by saying MOST led lights suck. I have had a chance to experience Vision X LED, WOW.....WOW.....BEYOND WOW! I installed 2 sets of rigid side shooters on a western star for a client and they were meh...nothing great. I now have seen a set of vision X ADV 6" and HOLY CRAP! their shocker bars are amazing too. Much better built than rigid, way better output with warmer color lighting, and overall just better light patterns. No comparison between the two setups.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Happens here too. For some reason we have a super fragile power grid down here. You breathe too hard and the power goes out. And we're probably less than a mile straight line from the GEUS powerplant. When the"not a tornado" hit downtown Greenville we were some of the last to have our power restored.
Yeah we're you here a few years ago when that ice storm hit and everyone was without power for over a week? That was fun, ours goes out alot more now days than it did when there was only 1 power company to choose from now it is like 7 different companies on the same lines so there is alot of confusion as to who's responsibility it is. Our power didn't come back on til around 7pm.

Reactions: Downs and Ubiety

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I collected parts for a few months for a suspension upgrade. Front got adjustable coilovers w/600lb springs, UCA's with delta joints. On the rear I move the shocks to the outside of frame rails and added a AAL. Truck is level and 1.25 inch higher than oem. 33.3 inch tires clear. State has much of the woods locked down so I haven't had a chance to really work it yet.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I collected parts for a few months for a suspension upgrade. Front got adjustable coilovers w/600lb springs, UCA's with delta joints. On the rear I move the shocks to the outside of frame rails and added a AAL. Truck is level and 1.25 inch higher than oem. 33.3 inch tires clear. State has much of the woods locked down so I haven't had a chance to really work it yet.

Hey I dont mean to be an alarmist but shouldn't that upper control arm have a boot on the joint? it will last a little longer.
1609162794913379526662497760989.jpg