• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I'm actually not sure I like the mag mic after last weekend's run. It adds too much weight to how I've mounted my CB radio and causes it to rattle/bounce too much. I have already moved the mic back to the grab bar on the JK dash. So, if anybody wants to give the mag mic holder a shot, I've got one, swing by San Jose and it's yours!
Hmm
Ill be headed that way the 18th, ill take it if it isnt gone by then.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR

Upgraded to 33" Cooper STT Pros

Easy DIY mod to replace my now unprotected factory washer fluid tank with this $9 mod. Most difficult thing to do is remove the factory tank. 3 bolts 10mm all hard to reach. This is a cheap coolant overflow tank. Seal one hole and step drill 2 others.

Gave the rig a wash and detail including making the tires stupid shiny.

A productive weekend!

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

My nephew and I went on a group ride this weekend organized by Earthbound Overland and had a blast! Never done one before. I was not sure about all those vehicles, but we broke into groups, and it was super laid back and fun. We were out like 5 or 6 hours, and camped when we got back. I'll be doing one of these again!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

My nephew and I went on a group ride this weekend organized by Earthbound Overland and had a blast! Never done one before. I was not sure about all those vehicles, but we broke into groups, and it was super laid back and fun. We were out like 5 or 6 hours, and camped when we got back. I'll be doing one of these again!

Videos dont work benmmc

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

I didn't do this today but a couple weeks ago I added a cheap LED light bar that I picked up on Ebay for a little over $30. I was really impressed with how bright it is - the photos don't do it justice. Hopefully this will help when we're setting the tent up in the dark and won't drain my battery like the headlights and fog lamps do!

View attachment 9588 View attachment 9589 View attachment 9587
Make sure to check all the screws are tight. My cheap bar leaked and had about 3oz of water in it when I took it apart to reseal it.

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

Getting Ready For Winter!
I picked up a couple of wool blankets and turned one of them into an oversized pillowcase and cut down a egg crate pillow top and put it into the oversized pillow case and I also picked up a small space heater that I can plug into our office trailer while we are waiting to go out on the road on those really cold days. IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG

OverlandHiker

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger II

Livermore, CA
First Name
Bennett
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPD
Today I installed the wiring for a CB radio and a rear seat USB charging port in my Tacoma. In the process I also removed an aftermarket head unit that I am planning to replace.

As usual, the project took longer than I expected, but I'm happy with the results. Now to get the dual battery system installed. It's sitting in the garage waiting for another free weekend.

Happy trails all!

-- Bennett

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I removed my driving side oh-bleep bar and installed yet another Ram Mount. I have the option of using a X-Grip or Clip holder depending on what I want to put up there. It will either be my InReach or Baofeng radio when I'm trying to run APRS via the radio and either APRSDroid or APRS Pro Se on my iPhone. Yes, I have too many gadgets. My primary radio already has APRS. If I can free up that channel and also give myself an easier way to send messages via app I want to use the cheap Baofeng setup.

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

I removed my driving side oh-bleep bar and installed yet another Ram Mount. I have the option of using a X-Grip or Clip holder depending on what I want to put up there. It will either be my InReach or Baofeng radio when I'm trying to run APRS via the radio and either APRSDroid or APRS Pro Se on my iPhone. Yes, I have too many gadgets. My primary radio already has APRS. If I can free up that channel and also give myself an easier way to send messages via app I want to use the cheap Baofeng setup.

Nice. That's a clean setup

Reactions: Toyotadirtdevil