Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Some light work today. Got the dash panel mostly put back together, got a few of.the emission lines sorted out but not all and replaced the damaged tie rod on the drag link.

Wouldn't mind finding a repro of the vin tag that was on the dash.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Got it really muddy inside and out with some intrepid OB members just outside of Leavenworth WA. Also went over an obstacle that I would have never attempted without massive amounts of peer pressure - it was easy! Had to be there :)
Good times! Thanks OB!!!

And the mud flaps are (surprisingly) unscathed. They do not provide the coverage that I had hoped for but do help a lot - I did get the smallest flaps for subtlety...

84B05D18-77F2-4358-8CAF-A79EF67DCA2C_1_105_c.jpeg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Some light work today. Got the dash panel mostly put back together, got a few of.the emission lines sorted out but not all and replaced the damaged tie rod on the drag link.

It’s looking good!

the emission nonsense would be 45 years old and beyond worn out, why worry about it.

Reactions: Ubiety

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

There is a company that makes the vin tag for the dash, however, it escapes me on where I ordered them in the past.

quick seat found the company I used in the past
Call Carl, don't use the web.

I’ve never used this site before, but they get good reviews.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Just wondering why you didn't do a little hammer and dolly work around the radio insert area before you painted the dash.

Reactions: Ubiety

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Just wondering why you didn't do a little hammer and dolly work around the radio insert area before you painted the dash.
Beyond my ability, I don't have any dollies, I'm not that concerned with it. Most likely a HAM or Commercial radio is going to go in that slot and I'll make a trim ring for it. I'm not shooting for show quality just somewhat presentable.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
There is a company that makes the vin tag for the dash, however, it escapes me on where I ordered them in the past.

quick seat found the company I used in the past
Call Carl, don't use the web.

I’ve never used this site before, but they get good reviews.
I found someone on the Early CJ5 Forums that does repro work. He makes the tag on the computer and sends it off to a print shop that works with him.

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
It’s looking good!

the emission nonsense would be 45 years old and beyond worn out, why worry about it.
I basically want what's still there to work. The Air pump and evap canister are long gone but there are still ports and what not on the intake and carb that were just capped with screws that I would like to clean up and re run if possible.