SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
The old beast is still a work in progress but I did finally get out for an overnight to do some testing of the latest additions and one last weekend of kayak fishing.
Nice! Full size Dodges are always a good time, dig the flatbed and rack too. I had a job at an HVAC company for a few years and my truck there was a 3500 Dodge flatbed, It was slow as hell but I loved that truck. This brings back some good memories, haha.

Reactions: Highmark Adventures

Highmark Adventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chilliwack,BC Canada
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

Nice! Full size Dodges are always a good time, dig the flatbed and rack too. I had a job at an HVAC company for a few years and my truck there was a 3500 Dodge flatbed, It was slow as hell but I loved that truck. This brings back some good memories, haha.
Thanks for the comment, yup she is a lot of fun and no mistaking the sound of that v10 when she is working hard.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I ordered and installed a second FuelPax Universal Mount for my second gas container. Now I just need to fill both gas tanks, mount the propane tank and go off-road somewhere to really test the stability and weight of everything on the hitch carrier. Feels solid, but need a true field test.

View attachment 171389

View attachment 171390
Is it possible to mount your pax/right side FuelPax vertically?

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Packing for my trip tomorrow morning. My favorite part of any trip is the plan. GAIA, Bins, reservations, and then the part of having no clue where on the trail I am camping or what I am going to find. Countdown is T -23H.
Trip reports! Do you have an established thread to update during the trip or plan an end of trip roll up?

bucksandbrews

Rank III

Advocate I

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

Installed a Leitner rack on my Rebel
It would be cool if there is a quick attach tent to throw over the top of the rack and sleep in the bed. Also cool if had access to a storage container from inside the bed.
A 23 zero tent will hopefully be sitting on top of it in the next 3 weeks. Was supposed to get here the same time as the rack but got pushed back to mid October for delivery.

bucksandbrews

Rank III

Advocate I

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

Installed a Leitner rack on my Rebel
Those rack are really nice. So many possibilities!
For sure! Even though I knew they where high quality I was surprised just how nice it was when I unpacked it. Not sure who/what they got doing their welds but they are probably some of the best I've ever seen.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
@Spud.Built, I am looking for that same Dometic drawer fridge to put in a similar setup as yours. Good job on yours. One comment, though: the refrigerator needs to have space around it for ventilation, and you have it fairly tight in an enclosed area. It will possibly overheat (especially in the back where the compressor is) and it will likely reduce the lifespan of the fridge... Since it's probably too late to make the enclosure bigger, I suggest you drill lots of holes on the side walls to make them look like a colander :). This will provide some airflow capability, but will also make your wood frame lighter which has many other benefits.
There's actually a fair bit of space behind it, I also attacked the side board with a hole saw near the fan, definitely had no plans about sealing it in there!

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Those are some nice boxes. Where did you get those ‘U’ brackets?
Local Ace Hardware: U-Bolt 1/4“ x 3/4“ x 1 1/2”. After bolting the cases to the rack, I flap wheeled excess protruding bolt length. 7/32 vacuum hose slipped over the u-bolt using WD-40.

The V700‘s will fit items such as a Cleanwaste toilet and 2gal Rotopax.

Last edited:

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Finally finished my trailer build, and tried it out at the beach today. Started as a flat bed trailer 48”x66”. Slide outs on both sides. Kitchen slide out on the back. 2-82ah batteries for power. Took about 2 months to build. Also have to ability to lift the tent an extra 12” with gas struts

Attachments