SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I hope it's repairable. I was in a major car wreck in 2014 that separated my collar bone from my shoulder bone. I was 79 @ the time and get my medical from the VA. I was pretty laid up with arm slings for 5 months before I found out VA wasn't going to do any surgery
on me. They told me that surgery wasn't necessary. I think they just dont want to spend the money or time on old people. It left me slightly deformed with a sagging shoulder. Too late to fix it now but I wish they had fixed it when I was in the hospital after the injury. I definitely cant use that arm like I once did and it bothers me a lot when I use it for work.

Hang in there, shoulder surgery has a long healing time. I wish you luck and send a prayer for your quick and successful recovery.
Yeah... I had surgery on it like 18yrs ago for some torn cartilage, it wasn't the same after that but i could live with it. Then a few years ago I dislocated it on a mountain bike ride, and well... it keeps popping out.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Yeah... I had surgery on it like 18yrs ago for some torn cartilage, it wasn't the same after that but i could live with it. Then a few years ago I dislocated it on a mountain bike ride, and well... it keeps popping out.
Damn that hurts me to even think about it. I hope modern techniques will fix it better this time around.

Reactions: rho

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Didn't make much progress on the T-case past painting it. Still waiting on a thrust washer and had to order some more adjustment shims for the output assembly since it had zero clearance with the new bearings. Did get the trans back in frame along with the cross member and new starter.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Didn't make much progress on the T-case past painting it. Still waiting on a thrust washer and had to order some more adjustment shims for the output assembly since it had zero clearance with the new bearings. Did get the trans back in frame along with the cross member and new starter.

Looking like you have everything under control. Takes a brave man to do a body off rebuild. Good luck !

Reactions: M Rose

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Picked it up from the mechanic, and it feels like a new car, it had 123 hp/123 ft-lbs when it was new, but that's not bad when the car is only 2250 lbs, I will get it dyno'd next month to see what kind of power is left after 19 years of use.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I installed my HAM radio on a gooseneck AMPS platform. I ran a new circuit, and hid all the wiring. I have it so it reaches up between the front seats (over the most important trash can). I didnt want to put holes in the dash yet, and the front of the cabin is not set up for much room for extra electronics.
I needed something that was quickly removable for theft protection.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Finally found a place to mount my propane tank holder. I found a piece of metal to hold the holder from behind. Not sure if it will be the most stable off-road though. I’ll need to find bigger washers. But for now I’ll continue mounting in this area of the swing out.

I loose the ability to hold a second FuelPax in this configuration :(

EA65549A-464A-4DC9-9987-817CD8D96EDA.jpeg

0E80A371-2B19-4D2D-8C26-4F1F68FC534A.jpeg

6ADB9CAD-C891-4E15-A398-203E15BA3995.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Finished building the rear tire swingout on duke yesterday! Couldn’t be happier! View attachment 170932View attachment 170933View attachment 170934View attachment 170935
You just cant beat the looks of one of these things (the whole rig) I love the green color. Super nice rig my OB friend !
Finished building the rear tire swingout on duke yesterday! Couldn’t be happier! View attachment 170932View attachment 170933View attachment 170934View attachment 170935
Is this a swing out kit you added to an aftermarket steel bumper yourself. If so where did you get it.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Finally found a place to mount my propane tank holder. I found a piece of metal to hold the holder from behind. Not sure if it will be the most stable off-road though. I’ll need to find bigger washers. But for now I’ll continue mounting in this area of the swing out.

I loose the ability to hold a second FuelPax in this configuration :(

View attachment 170939

View attachment 170940

View attachment 170941
Good progress on it. Fine tuning for stability, and good to go.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I haven’t worked on the Bronco in what seams like a coins age. I got a new engine hoist in today with an engine leveling system. Tomorrow I hope to get my transmission jack. Then I will be out working on the “Adventure Machine” again... I just might be able to get this finished before the snow flies after all.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I haven’t worked on the Bronco in what seams like a coins age. I got a new engine hoist in today with an engine leveling system. Tomorrow I hope to get my transmission jack. Then I will be out working on the “Adventure Machine” again... I just might be able to get this finished before the snow flies after all.
Because you are working outside I hope the weather holds until you get it all in. Even my night time temp is in the low 50's. I have been so tempted to buy the portable cloth covered garage that Harbor Freight sells for under $300. I have a small pot belly wood stove that would keep it nice and toasty under that cover.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Because you are working outside I hope the weather holds until you get it all in. Even my night time temp is in the low 50's. I have been so tempted to buy the portable cloth covered garage that Harbor Freight sells for under $300. I have a small pot belly wood stove that would keep it nice and toasty under that cover.
Well it started raining two hours ago... it’s low 7am.. and the ground is a muddy sloppy mess.

I wish I could put an HF garage up... I was told by the landlord that I can’t. Btw I have a reading nice karosean heater made specifically for shop use...

Well I am glad it rained today. We need it... besides this keeps me from crawling back under the Bronco without a transmission jack. It should be here tomorrow... so today I play radios... I have a few radio goodies showing up today, and I have some new programming software I really want to try out.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well it started raining two hours ago... it’s low 7am.. and the ground is a muddy sloppy mess.

I wish I could put an HF garage up... I was told by the landlord that I can’t. Btw I have a reading nice karosean heater made specifically for shop use...

Well I am glad it rained today. We need it... besides this keeps me from crawling back under the Bronco without a transmission jack. It should be here tomorrow... so today I play radios... I have a few radio goodies showing up today, and I have some new programming software I really want to try out.
I do something similar to keep my sanity in check. I dont have a ham station, wish I did. I do have a computer that has my professional app on it. I am an architectural designer by trade and keep my foot in the door by designing buildings for people through a design app called cadcrowd. It's also my source of income above my SSI.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I do something similar to keep my sanity in check. I dont have a ham station, wish I did. I do have a computer that has my professional app on it. I am an architectural designer by trade and keep my foot in the door by designing buildings for people through a design app called cadcrowd. It's also my source of income above my SSI.
I used to love Drafting... had several real nice tables and boards I built myself... and lots of neat little gadgets for measuring and drawing... then I found CAD. It changed my life. I have several thousand CAD files of different project I either built or plan to build, ranging from drawer sliders to RC airplanes. I design in Google Sketchup 2017.
Unfortunately now that I don’t have my desktop computer set up any more I have switched to Brown CAD (Cardboard Aided Design).