Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
They saw my artery before even irrigating the wound . They were worried about The nerve bundles as well, but I missed those by a long ways... I’m surprised at how little pain I’m in... just a lot of itching and burning on the end of my lips.

How has your leg healed up?

Dana18’s and 20’s are so much fun to rebuild. I miss the simplicity of them.
I feel like my NP231 in the XJ is a lot less complex haha.

Leg is mostly fine. Going to have a cool scar haha. I was off the pain meds in about 72 hours. I was on antibiotics for longer. I never had much itching or burning Keep close eye out for infection. They pumped me up with a bunch of IV antibiotics at the hospital then I was on orals for 10 days.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I feel like my NP231 in the XJ is a lot less complex haha.

Leg is mostly fine. Going to have a cool scar haha. I was off the pain meds in about 72 hours. I was on antibiotics for longer. I never had much itching or burning Keep close eye out for infection. They pumped me up with a bunch of IV antibiotics at the hospital then I was on orals for 10 days.
I’m keeping an eye out for infection. The itching is from my mustache playing with the stitches I think.. burning feels like salt on chapped lips.

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

New serpentine belt, new idler pulley. The last pulley took a dump 142km from home... 142km from home after a 9000km trip.

It wasn’t ideal to get stranded so close, but it was better than being stuck further than that!

Oh, and new sway bar end-links up front

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
New serpentine belt, new idler pulley. The last pulley took a dump 142km from home... 142km from home after a 9000km trip.

It wasn’t ideal to get stranded so close, but it was better than being stuck further than that!

How many miles do you have on your Disco ?
I'm asking so I will have some idea when to change my belt and idler. I checked them recently and mine looked new. Previous owner couldnt remember ever changing it out but he was that kind of guy who didn't pay attention and let others (dealership) do whatever they said needed to be done.
What year is your Disco ?

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

How many miles do you have on your Disco ?
I'm asking so I will have some idea when to change my belt and idler. I checked them recently and mine looked new. Previous owner couldnt remember ever changing it out but he was that kind of guy who didn't pay attention and let others (dealership) do whatever they said needed to be done.
What year is your Disco ?
It's an 04 with 200000km so about 120000miles. What has me annoyed is I changed the bearing in that pulley this season. Apparently it was junk.

As for belts. If you don't know how old it is throw a new one on. They are realtively cheap. Much cheaper than a tow.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's an 04 with 200000km so about 120000miles. What has me annoyed is I changed the bearing in that pulley this season. Apparently it was junk.

As for belts. If you don't know how old it is throw a new one on. They are realtively cheap. Much cheaper than a tow.
Good advise. Sometime age is as important as mileage if not garaged I would think. My rig has been living in the southwest all of her life. I doubt the PO kept her in the garage all of her 20 years. Did your bearing have any noises that would indicate something was about to happen. I've never owned a vehicle that I had to change out an idler bearing. Guess I've been lucky.

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

Good advise. Sometime age is as important as mileage if not garaged I would think. My rig has been living in the southwest all of her life. I doubt the PO kept her in the garage all of her 20 years. Did your bearing have any noises that would indicate something was about to happen. I've never owned a vehicle that I had to change out an idler bearing. Guess I've been lucky.
Oh yeah it was SCREAMING, and had been making noise for a couple days. Had I been local I wouldn't have been driving the car until it was fixed, but I was on the end of my third of three 1000km plus days and I was driving with my fingers crossed it was going to get us home. It was Sunday of the long weekend when it got bad, I also would probably have found a bearing supplier to get me a replacement had it been possible, before letting it get to the point it did...

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

Today I ordered some Plano containers so l can sort my kitchen supplies and camp gear not the most fun stuff to purchase for the truck but I am in need of more organization

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Oh yeah it was SCREAMING, and had been making noise for a couple days. Had I been local I wouldn't have been driving the car until it was fixed, but I was on the end of my third of three 1000km plus days and I was driving with my fingers crossed it was going to get us home. It was Sunday of the long weekend when it got bad, I also would probably have found a bearing supplier to get me a replacement had it been possible, before letting it get to the point it did...
I'm glad you got as close to home as you did. Once I had an alternator go out on me on a Sunday 60 miles from home (no phone with me). Nearest town was 45 miles away. I had to run off the battery, night was coming on fast. I made it 45 miles on the battery with lights on the last 10 miles. I made it to a small town that still had telephone booths outside the closed store. I called my brother in law for a ride home. Next day went back with new alternator and my jump start battery. That's as close as I have been to being stranded since the 60's when I had distributor points go out on me 20 miles from nowhere. My wife's fingernail file saved us on that one.

Reactions: ryancarman

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Today I ordered some Plano containers so l can sort my kitchen supplies and camp gear not the most fun stuff to purchase for the truck but I am in need of more organization
Which Plano containers did you order, and who did you order from ? I tried to order the package of 3- #1919 last week from Amazon but they were out of the three pack. They had a four pack for $169 but I didn't want or need four. Strange thing is Amazon could sell me one (high cost) or four (@ decent cost) but not 3. Does that make sense.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Finished installing my propane tank mount bracket, 6lb tank, and Rotopax water packs.
Nice job on the propane tank holder. I need to do the same. I have the bracket, just can’t figure out where the hell to attach it to. I’ve used just about every flat surface on my rig.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Finished installing my propane tank mount bracket, 6lb tank, and Rotopax water packs.
Nice job on the propane tank holder. I need to do the same. I have the bracket, just can’t figure out where the hell to attach it to. I’ve used just about every flat surface on my rig.
Thank you Yeah, the bracket is nice. I had used a modified CO2 tank bracket before. Finally decided to get the correct one with a floor plate for added safety.

Reactions: RoarinRow