Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Finally got time to install my Expedition One Dual Swing-out Rear Bumper. This thing is very well designed and built, and extremely functional. Love it!!

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Managed to hobble around the shop enough to change the oil on the XJ and pulled a few more things off of the CJ. Really want my leg to get better so I can get this tub off lol.

Reactions: Shamu

BigRedDog

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clifford
Member #

Those are awesome. I’m on the fence about replacing the stock fogs with white or Ambers. What made you decide on Ambers? Help push me over one side or the other. Again, great job!
Thanks! A couple things pushed me towards the yellow fogs: 1. I likely will not be upgrading the headlights to LEDs, so I felt the yellows looked decent when paired with the stock halogen headlights; 2. I've heard good things about off-road night driving with yellow/amber fogs...which is something I do quite frequently; and 3. I'm planning on going with a black/yellow/white theme for my truck, so I felt like the yellow fogs would pair nicely with the yellow Pro-4x badging and future modifications I plan on doing.

Also, took the rig out to explore Rollins Pass yesterday, and snapped a few pictures:

DSC_0465.JPG
DSC_0463.JPG

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Worked on the Discovery's dual battery setup. Removed the air box silencer, and relocated the coil. Next step will be a good hold down, wiring and a Camel Trophy style snorkel.
The air box silencer is not needed ?? Will you just leave the hole in the side of the box or ?
What is the battery sitting on ? Why did you relocate the coil ?

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

The air box silencer is not needed ?? Will you just leave the hole in the side of the box or ?
What is the battery sitting on ? Why did you relocate the coil ?
The hole will get a sealed cove, once I get the snorkel built. The Discovery has what basically amounts to a second battery tray on the left side.the coil is mounted on the core support right there in the way, from the factory. Oh, and no the silencer is not needed. It doesn't seem any louder, and feels like it is running better.I'll update after a tank or two, although the new tires go on tomorrow. So.......

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The hole will get a sealed cove, once I get the snorkel built. The Discovery has what basically amounts to a second battery tray on the left side.the coil is mounted on the core support right there in the way, from the factory. Oh, and no the silencer is not needed. It doesn't seem any louder, and feels like it is running better.I'll update after a tank or two, although the new tires go on tomorrow. So.......
One by one I'm getting things done on my 2000 D2. I want to add a second battery also and needed this info. I cant do my own work anymore and have to rely on others to work on it so my progress has been slow due to a shortage of reliable mechanics.

I have my 2" lift installed and 1" wheel spacers. I have a new set of 5 tires installed (265/75/16= 32" tires). Before I went into the hospital for colon surgery in May I had my new Lucky8 front bumper installed before I could install the new tires. Yesterday my helper installed my rear bumper (my old one was so broken the tail lights wouldn't stay in their holes) My rear bumper is also a Lucky8 item. I also had him install a light bar on my front bumper that will hold 2 - 9" LED driving lights purchased from an OB member who changed his mind for some reason.

Mechanically I'm good for now with only 102k miles on my one owner LRD2. He let many little electronic things go and I have been chasing them down and fixing them as I find them.

I was lucky and found a roof rack made in Africa for a hunting rig by an American correspondent stationed there. He brought his Disco back to the states and sold it without the rack. His wife sold it to me for $400 and I love it. Currently it's sitting in my carport waiting for me to re-install after I took it off to be slightly modified on the hold downs (added 2 more hold downs I felt it needed).

I'll be posting some pictures this week or after I get someone to help put the rack back on soon. It takes four agile people to set it up on the roof because it is a full length rack made from 1" square tubing and probably weighs a hundred + pounds.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Worked on the Discovery's dual battery setup. Removed the air box silencer, and relocated the coil. Next step will be a good hold down, wiring and a Camel Trophy style snorkel.
How did you get the battery under that filler spout on the left of the battery. Hope you document your snorkel mods and post them for this dummy.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I looked at the “Adventure Machine”; shook my head and walked in by. Thought about buying the parts to fix her, then thought naw... I’ll take the wife’s car to the car wash instead.
Take that Eddie, make me walk and see what you get.