US Army CWO (Ret)

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Filled the hole in the rear trim left from removing the 3rd row seat belts with amber LED trailer clearance lights. The lights are switched in the back and provide a nice gentle light in the rear cargo area. These will be nice for having some light in the cargo area without totally wrecking my night vision.

1589838649827.png

Chingon_Grandpa

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Hit the trails with Foxy Brown and had a great night in the woods

Attachments

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I fixed a problem. Don't ever question where my priorities lie when it comes to my commitment to this community. :laughing: BTW. Kudos to Toyota for using metal TRD Pro emblems instead of cheap plastic.
IMG_20200518_171326.jpgIMG_20200518_171313.jpg

Last edited:

Brassmonkey

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Finished v1.0 of my camp kitchen in the back of my XJ. Final piece was a solid sheet of 3/16” aluminum for a pull out table/cooking area. Working on a tire carrier-mounted DIY flip down table, but that will be bonus space. Swapping gas for water rotopax - gas is headed to the roof....wait I have more to do?!?

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Finished v1.0 of my camp kitchen in the back of my XJ. Final piece was a solid sheet of 3/16” aluminum for a pull out table/cooking area. Working on a tire carrier-mounted DIY flip down table, but that will be bonus space. Swapping gas for water rotopax - gas is headed to the roof....wait I have more to do?!?
Nice Looking Stove! Nice Set up!

510Steve

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leandro, California, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
YSL
Member #

Today I had the pleasure of rebuilding the starter solenoid for the 2nd time in less than 3 months on my 2018 4runner. Turns out the starter on these rigs don't like deep water crossings. First time I did it it took about 4-5 hours to complete this operation. Today I was under 2 hours so at least I'm getting better at it.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Today I had the pleasure of rebuilding the starter solenoid for the 2nd time in less than 3 months on my 2018 4runner. Turns out the starter on these rigs don't like deep water crossings. First time I did it it took about 4-5 hours to complete this operation. Today I was under 2 hours so at least I'm getting better at it.
Bummer. But, at least you cut your time in half!

Reactions: 510Steve

510Steve

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leandro, California, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
YSL
Member #

Bummer. But, at least you cut your time in half!
I was looking to see if there was a way to seal off the solenoid to water while I had it apart the first time but there is no real way to seal off the "pop out" side that pushes the gear that engages the flywheel. First time I pulled it apart there was a clump of dried up mud that was preventing the contacts to connect. This time there was moisture but no mud so I'm curious what stopped it from making contact.

• Wow
Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I was looking to see if there was a way to seal off the solenoid to water while I had it apart the first time but there is no real way to seal off the "pop out" side that pushes the gear that engages the flywheel. First time I pulled it apart there was a clump of dried up mud that was preventing the contacts to connect. This time there was moisture but no mud so I'm curious what stopped it from making contact.
Ya got me there. Unless it's a matter of sealing up the connection with some non-hardening silicone. Not familiar enough with your rig.