Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
Had a caliper bolt shear while diagnosing a squeak. Found uneven pad wear and a nice walk to the auto store tomorrow.

Reactions: USStrongman

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Check engine light caused me to change out all vacuum hoses, replace the egr vacuum solenoid, install new egr valve, and the darn light is still on. Computer says problem still with egr...so, next step, change out the vacuum valve which is tough as it's under the intake manifold. Hope this does the trick! A couple of weekends ago at a COVID-19 refugee camp....
Had an aluminium storage box made so fitted it this afternoon and loaded it with some of the items in the back of my 90. It ptobably wont stay up top all the time but i want to see how the vehicle handles first.View attachment 154428
Looks great. You'll love the storage...but watch the weight. These tend to get top heavy.

DefenderDude

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello folks,

today I just painted the first and second layer of primer onto the pop up roof.
So that needs drying some time. Then the first black paint on it. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, as I was in painting mode, I took of the pushbar of the Frontera, as it was a bit rusty.

So, just a lick of hammerite and it looks way better. After our trip to Wales it will be powder coated. So then it is done for a while.
So with some protector (tectyl) spray I did the under layer.

And then with hammerite the other parts.

Tonight, when its dried up, I turn it again and finish the front. So tomorrow I can mount it again and that is done then. After that the Roof Rack of the Frontera needs a lick of Hammerite as well. (same story, poweder coating is on its way)

Thats it for today.
Interesting, in the US those were branded as Isuzu Amigos. Slow but awesome wheeler! Always loved that body style!

BigRedDog

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clifford
Member #

WoW! That looks REALLY good! Plastidip eh? I have to remember that.
Yessir! I used 2 cans of graphite plastidip (took one can alone for the grille):
Graphite Plastidip

Using the plastidip is quite easy. Prep the surface by simply cleaning and drying thoroughly. Then you simply tape off an area around the emblems (I removed the grille entirely as it was easier). Hit it with 3-4 coats, peel off the excess plastidip around the embles/grille surface...and you're done.

A good instructional video here: Instruction Video

We'll see how well it holds up over time, but the ability to peel off the plastidip if it begins to look a bit ratty alleviated any concerns I had.