William
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6MKX
Service Branch
Volunteer Fire
I finally got the brakes working again like they are supposed to. 80 series are Notorious for being difficult to properly bleed brakes and get good results After opening the braking system. I had the rear brakes professionally done cause I ran out of time before an adventure. Anyway after returning from the trip and nhappy with the shops work on brakes I took it back to fix the poor brake performance. Long through in brake peddle and marginal results in stopping all 6,687 # of her. Got it back still crummy stopping results. Took it to sister shop nearby same results. Then back to original after some Resesrch and asked them if they would bleed the LSPV LOAD SENSING PROPORTION VALVE. They looked at me funny, but did it. It improved brakes but still marginal. After a lot of digging on several sites I came across some info that said to actuate the ABS (Not in FSM, maybe in service bulletin....) Then blee brakes and LSVP. 1997 was early for ABS and there is a special tool and process from stealerships to remove air in the ABS body. Poor folk like me have to find a gravel road or grassy area to stop fast and get the ABS to cycle, about 12 times. Then back to driveway to do psr dsr, psf dsf then the LSVP. bingo! Nice firm brakes on an 80.

Lincoln7

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia
First Name
Lincoln
Last Name
I finally got the brakes working again like they are supposed to. 80 series are Notorious for being difficult to properly bleed brakes and get good results After opening the braking system. I had the rear brakes professionally done cause I ran out of time before an adventure. Anyway after returning from the trip and nhappy with the shops work on brakes I took it back to fix the poor brake performance. Long through in brake peddle and marginal results in stopping all 6,687 # of her. Got it back still crummy stopping results. Took it to sister shop nearby same results. Then back to original after some Resesrch and asked them if they would bleed the LSPV LOAD SENSING PROPORTION VALVE. They looked at me funny, but did it. It improved brakes but still marginal. After a lot of digging on several sites I came across some info that said to actuate the ABS (Not in FSM, maybe in service bulletin....) Then blee brakes and LSVP. 1997 was early for ABS and there is a special tool and process from stealerships to remove air in the ABS body. Poor folk like me have to find a gravel road or grassy area to stop fast and get the ABS to cycle, about 12 times. Then back to driveway to do psr dsr, psf dsf then the LSVP. bingo! Nice firm brakes on an 80.
Glad that worked for you! I have a 1997 Silverado which suffers from similar issues after swapping the master cylinder. I will try activating the ABS and then bleed the system again to get some more air out. Thanks for sharing!

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

I got my dream vehicle just over 1 week ago. I've been dreaming of a it for years. My wife and I are so pumped about the future adventures we'll go on with our new baby.

Slowly but surely doing some mods on it - starting with cosmetic. I removed the bumper slash guards on the Wrangler Sport s and plasti dipped the badges.

In 2018, we took a month off work and drove our old Jeep Renegade from Ontario Canada to California and back through the southern States. We're hoping to do something similar next summer (2021).

98078706_10157095998116899_5443599330868985856_n.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

RJJK

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Jenkins
I got my dream vehicle just over 1 week ago. I've been dreaming of a it for years. My wife and I are so pumped about the future adventures we'll go on with our new baby.

Slowly but surely doing some mods on it - starting with cosmetic. I removed the bumper slash guards on the Wrangler Sport s and plasti dipped the badges.

In 2018, we took a month off work and drove our old Jeep Renegade from Ontario Canada to California and back through the southern States. We're hoping to do something similar next summer (2021).

View attachment 154248

View attachment 154253
I like the black trail rated badge!

I will try that myself!

Reactions: Graeman and F8OO

F8OO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
F
Member #

I like the black trail rated badge!

I will try that myself!

Yup - follow Youtube instructions on how long to give before doing a 2nd coat. To be honest, i sort of sped through mine, if you look at it close up, there are a couple problem spots but whatever :yum:.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
What a Pain! WoW! Glad you were able to finally dial it in.

William C aka “The Claw”

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fork, Idaho, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6MKX
Service Branch
Volunteer Fire
Today was tranny filters and fluid day in the 2500hd. You know they make two filter sizes for the pan filter? A deep pan and a shallow. You would think a truck that can pull 14.5k lbs would have a deep pan. that would be a nope..... Just like a house project, at least two runs to the store. Done! Smooth shifting again.

• Haha
Reactions: Shamu and RubiRigo

Chisel1

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clayton, CA, USA
First Name
Gilbert
Last Name
Granucci jr
Member #

I measured for a roof top tent for my rig
I have narrowed it down to either the “Tuff Stuuf Alpha or the “IKamper sky camp 2.0
Trying to weigh the pros and cons between the two and cost

Reactions: DaleRF