Launch Member

Contributor III

San Bernardino, CA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Cliburn
Member #

Added CB mount for antenna that is now 5 days overdue. But I'm ready when it gets here, new CB and all the fixings. Also Plasti dipped all the chrome white, grille, emblems and back bumper. Black plastic dipped the wheels. I hear that it protects against scratches for offroading as well. First things done were touch screen radio with back up or anytime camera. Also steps, I'm short, but do not have a need for rock sliders at the moment.
Before and after.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Clean up from Quarantine Jailbreak #2 (a fictional story of isolating in real isolation)

Returned from an alleged 3 day camping trip last night. I did put up another post on the trip planning forum "Nat'l Forest Rd 81" report or something like that. It's allegedly still below freezing in the wee hours at altitude in the Sierra Nevada by the way, and the high country roads and trails snow is still a problem.
Today vacuumed all the wood gathering debris out of the carpet. Also had a tire patched that got a screw on the trail (go figure... allegedly way out in the middle of nowhere and get a screw in the tire).
Fixed gear as I put it away. Coleman stove had a mystery rich burner. Found and removed a wad of spider web from the mix tube. Modified main upright poles for my Kodiak 8x9 tent (a known complaint, the locking mechanism stripped out and we allegedly had to use a stick carved as a wedge and a hose clamp to hold it together under tension). Replaced very cheap hardware with standard hardware today. Added an eye bolt for a tie down or foot peg to help in setting up the poles. If you have this tent you know what a PITA the system is.
Also the cooling mod did ok, I think I finally have a happly set point for the electric fan controller. Never hit 210 degrees, bounced between 195 and just below 210. And if you decide to make an alleged trip, we allegedly packed everything inside the WJ behind tinted windows with nothing on the roof, and wore collared shirts and such and looked like we were headed to work as we allegedly broke the blockade and allegedly drove all over the Sierra National Forest.

Some pics for the fun of it. Photo shopped of course. PS, the Ranger station in Prather had a notice that you are welcome to cut as much wood as you want without a permit since they are closed. Since wood is essential for heating your house- work the math.

IMG_2637.JPG IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2673.JPGIMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2684.JPGIMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG

IMG_2709.JPGIMG_2691.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
Clean up from Quarantine Jailbreak #2 (a fictional story of isolating in real isolation)

Returned from an alleged 3 day camping trip last night. I did put up another post on the trip planning forum "Nat'l Forest Rd 81" report or something like that. It's allegedly still below freezing in the wee hours at altitude in the Sierra Nevada by the way, and the high country roads and trails snow is still a problem.
Today vacuumed all the wood gathering debris out of the carpet. Also had a tire patched that got a screw on the trail (go figure... allegedly way out in the middle of nowhere and get a screw in the tire).
Fixed gear as I put it away. Coleman stove had a mystery rich burner. Found and removed a wad of spider web from the mix tube. Modified main upright poles for my Kodiak 8x9 tent (a known complaint, the locking mechanism stripped out and we allegedly had to use a stick carved as a wedge and a hose clamp to hold it together under tension). Replaced very cheap hardware with standard hardware today. Added an eye bolt for a tie down or foot peg to help in setting up the poles. If you have this tent you know what a PITA the system is.
Also the cooling mod did ok, I think I finally have a happly set point for the electric fan controller. Never hit 210 degrees, bounced between 195 and just below 210. And if you decide to make an alleged trip, we allegedly packed everything inside the WJ behind tinted windows with nothing on the roof, and wore collared shirts and such and looked like we were headed to work as we allegedly broke the blockade and allegedly drove all over the Sierra National Forest.

Some pics for the fun of it. Photo shopped of course. PS, the Ranger station in Prather had a notice that you are welcome to cut as much wood as you want without a permit since they are closed. Since wood is essential for heating your house- work the math.

View attachment 152343 View attachment 152344

View attachment 152345View attachment 152348

View attachment 152346View attachment 152349

View attachment 152350

View attachment 152351

View attachment 152352View attachment 152353

What an allegedly awesome trip!