Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The whole "defective or wrong out of the box" thing just freakin' KILLS me!! We get that at work constantly. There is no pride in providing quality anymore. It's only about taking your money. Grrrrrrr.....

Way to overcome!!
The quality control went to people overseas who are not properly trained and paid 1/10 of what American quality control people get.
Bring it home Mr. Trump !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 144551View attachment 144552View attachment 144553
Test fit the mattress and put a sheet over it. Still have to build a true cover, but this will make it useable for now

foam factory did a great job making it to my exact specs. If anyone ever needs a custom foam mattress. I highly recommend them.
Where will you store your cooler and other large camping equipment. Will you have any kind of canopy or awning as well.. I'm assuming what your showing is just the night time arrangement of course. Looks like it will sleep 2 nicely.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Where will you store your cooler and other large camping equipment. Will you have any kind of canopy or awning as well.. I'm assuming what your showing is just the night time arrangement of course. Looks like it will sleep 2 nicely.
you’re assuming correctly. As for now, we are using a small-ish soft sided cooler that I just sit on it/wedge where it fits. Not perfect, but it’s best I can come up with at the moment for it.

my drawers hold most our small stuff/recovery gear

for the moment, my plan is to use my Thule cargo box on the roof for the bigger stuff like chairs/stove/water/privacy(bathroom) tent/toilet.

Wanting a roof rack, but the budget just isn’t there right now.

I don’t really plan on an awning at this time. I have thought about attaching canvas to the rear hatch to let it just hang to give space under it with the hatch open with some privacy. But haven’t convinced myself of it yet

this project started as an easy way to get out for a weekend. We typically take the camper to the lake with kayaks once it gets hot, but wanted something for farther away, easier trips around. With that in mind, I have been packing minimally on our trips using it so we don’t have too much gear to move around. On our last 2 trips before the good mattress we just sat the stuff in the front seats to sleep then moved it back while packing up. Took about 5 minutes.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Fixed an evap leak on my TJ, a CEL code P0442 (small leak) developing into a P0455 (large leak). After pulling the Leak Detection Pump & Canister from the right rear wheel well, discovered a mouse decided to take illegal residence and chew on the LDP’s rubber hose (and the third brake light wires).
BDA885D8-319A-41AF-93E1-1A1AC975D125.jpeg
027EA3EE-055D-4867-867C-98F161EE4A82.jpeg
C0B45B89-C3C5-43B1-9BE0-2CAC3CD75CC4.jpeg
R&R‘d with a new LDP and LDP filter, removed the field expedient mouse shelter, cleaned everything and reinstalled the components. So far, so good after a couple of test drives with a several hour rest period in between the drives and no codes/CEL.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
you’re assuming correctly. As for now, we are using a small-ish soft sided cooler that I just sit on it/wedge where it fits. Not perfect, but it’s best I can come up with at the moment for it.

my drawers hold most our small stuff/recovery gear

for the moment, my plan is to use my Thule cargo box on the roof for the bigger stuff like chairs/stove/water/privacy(bathroom) tent/toilet.

Wanting a roof rack, but the budget just isn’t there right now.

I don’t really plan on an awning at this time. I have thought about attaching canvas to the rear hatch to let it just hang to give space under it with the hatch open with some privacy. But haven’t convinced myself of it yet

this project started as an easy way to get out for a weekend. We typically take the camper to the lake with kayaks once it gets hot, but wanted something for farther away, easier trips around. With that in mind, I have been packing minimally on our trips using it so we don’t have too much gear to move around. On our last 2 trips before the good mattress we just sat the stuff in the front seats to sleep then moved it back while packing up. Took about 5 minutes.
Sounds like your just feeling your way through it right now. I started off thinking this venture would be easy. I made it harder by saying I cant do this without that. After a while and a lot of money spent I realized I was making it an almost impossible task financially. (Not sorry for what I've done already) I'm working now on a realistic goal that is more achievable by doing something similar to what are your doing except I only have to plan for myself, no wife, no kids and no animals since both my dogs passed in 2019.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Sounds like your just feeling your way through it right now. I started off thinking this venture would be easy. I made it harder by saying I cant do this without that. After a while and a lot of money spent I realized I was making it an almost impossible task financially. (Not sorry for what I've done already) I'm working now on a realistic goal that is more achievable by doing something similar to what are your doing except I only have to plan for myself, no wife, no kids and no animals since both my dogs passed in 2019.
thats exactly where we are in it, seeing what works and what doesn’t for us. It’s easy to get wrapped up in what is “needed” before you even know. I have done that many times in the past.

wanting a full size bed really limited my storage options, but it makes it comfy, and that keeps us both wanting to go more. So it was a welcome trade off. Even if there’s no room for my Coleman electric ice chest. Lol

The biggest battle I fight is extra weight, as once I hook to the camper, I need minimal weight in back of the 4R to help keep tongue weight as low as possible.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Could've just said ditch lights I suppose. Baja Designs S2
Thanks, we don't all know what all the abbreviations mean. I get lost between abb's and modern lingo the younger people use. The electronic nuts drive me crazy trying to figure out what they are talking about. Every one has a secret code language.

I'm going to be needing the same type lights before too long so thanks for the info !

Reactions: FJTalon

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I am determined! In the what did you last buy thread I mentioned that I bought ditch lights but my CB antenna and stock radio antenna was in the way. So I took them off and completed my install. I am waiting for a different CB mount and antenna.

These ditch lights are made by TrailFX who makes my 20” LED bar currently installed on my bull bar.
44C12A93-3D9E-4002-AD47-D701BBE9A5CA.jpeg6A0B16B1-5E75-4710-BD73-08F5BFC9C048.jpeg50E38E8B-1AB8-4F04-A8D9-B5DB02FC01FB.jpeg037EFBC1-6A2E-4857-8065-5792975F29C1.jpeg8889D7EC-EE1E-40C7-9EF3-05AF2B89BEFF.jpeg