Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Be back. Now I gotta buy a pad too lol.
This would work even better.

They sell anti-fatigue mats cheap at Harbor Freight.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

Awesome, thanks! I know where I'm going for lunch!

BPK6

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vermont
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kennedy
Mounted Fiskars 28" Axe in bed of Silverado using quickfist mounted with the factory bed tie down mount. Removed tie down bolt and replaced w/ hex bolt. Mounts flush to pocket in bed of the truck, very low profile, very stable, mounted just inside on driver-side. Handle weighs nothing so currently unsupported. I will likely grab a small loop of velcro to hold/attach the end of the handle to BedRug. Got the idea from SilveradoSierra.com forums.
1584676675196.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

I used some of those on top of my storage locker. The top was acting like a drum, and the foam dampened it nicely.

7D2838DD-6ACA-4031-9540-6EA33C3D1E7A.jpeg

AT-venturist

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

El Dorado Hills, Ca
Member #

Wow, life sure does take over doesn't it? Anyhow, I finally got around to installing a Switch Pro 9100 keypad. So far, it controls my LED light bar (behind the grill), ARB underhood compressor, and I'm just about finishing up the undercarriage light wiring. That'll be my next "what did you to your rig today" update :wink:

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I went to the dealer yesterday to FINALLY get my heater fixed. Noticed when I was on the way (1 hr drive away) I noticed I must have knocked off some wheel weights while plowing and the jeep was shaking at 100kph up. Got back to my home, went to CDN tire, the only place I trust to actually balance a tire here, got em done.......WAY better. I cannot wait until spring to start getting some upgrades done on Annie and Patriot!

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
The one thing I don’t like about Alu Cab RTT is the ladder. So I built a bracket to use a collapsible ladder instead of the one that comes with the RTT.

Attachments

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I installed a Raingler “gear hammock“ to help organize some of our kit. We’re not sure what we’ll end up keeping up there... but for now I tossed our first aid kit and some paper products in the hammock to see how it works. I rubber banded the excess strap for now, maybe we’ll trim it or Velcro it later.

AB21A6C9-84FF-4485-A4CD-81B7258BB809.jpeg

4F21F7C3-1C14-4392-B8FE-A95574C3705B.jpeg

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Completed WJ project today. Convert from the '03 hydraulic fan to '99 Electric/Mechanical fan combo + ZJ windshield washer fluid bottle mod + convert hydraulic cooler to transmission cooler. The plan was to use as many stock parts as possible and perform the mod such that it looks factory. "While I was there" scope creep had me go from timing chain tensioners outward. It has been a long 3-4 month planning and buying parts and a 3 long weekend wrenchfest. Defective or wrong out of the box new parts has plagued this project, but I overcame. A 25 mile test drive today showed a few annoyances to deal with (2 defective parts issues and electric fan controller logic to sort out), but the mod has met my goals.

Timing Chains.jpg fan on engine.jpg

Done no plastic.jpg DONE.jpg

Edit: After the test dive yesterday and running errands today, the main issue found is the new radiator is definitely leaking from the drain valve, and possible leaking from a plastic seam on the underside of the cap neck. I'll keep an eye on the seam, if leaking is confirmed then I will need to replace the brand new radiator. If it is only leaking from the drain valve, I'll just epoxy that sucker and call it good. A radiator job on a WJ is not a fun thing to do. Another little fix I need to do is clear a low washer fluid alarm. Evidentially I did not guess the sensor logic correctly. But that is an easy one and a quick fix when it stops raining out. The other suspect part is the new AC condenser. One connection port was pretty scraped up right about where the O ring will land. I'll see if it will seal when I have the AC recharged. Worse case, I will need to replace it with another new one. Lastly, once the AC is charged, I will be able to check to see if I pulled off the right AC signal to trigger the electric fan when the AC button is pressed. But the good news, it's running great at a steady 195 degrees (then again it was 59 degrees out today...)

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Completed WJ project today. Convert from the '03 hydraulic fan to '99 Electric/Mechanical fan combo + ZJ windshield washer fluid bottle mod + convert hydraulic cooler to transmission cooler. The plan was to use as many stock parts as possible and perform the mod such that it looks factory. "While I was there" scope creep had me go from timing chain tensioners outward. It has been a long 3-4 month planning and buying parts and a 3 long weekend wrenchfest. Defective out of the box new parts has plagued this project, but I overcame. A 25 mile test drive today showed just some annoyances to deal with (2 correct defective parts issues and some fan controller logic to sort out), but the mod has met my goals.

View attachment 144490 View attachment 144491

View attachment 144492 View attachment 144493
Oh how good it must feel to get that job over with and get back on the road again. It looks very nice and very professional.
You are to be commended.

Reactions: eagle_A40

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Completed WJ project today. Convert from the '03 hydraulic fan to '99 Electric/Mechanical fan combo + ZJ windshield washer fluid bottle mod + convert hydraulic cooler to transmission cooler. The plan was to use as many stock parts as possible and perform the mod such that it looks factory. "While I was there" scope creep had me go from timing chain tensioners outward. It has been a long 3-4 month planning and buying parts and a 3 long weekend wrenchfest. Defective or wrong out of the box new parts has plagued this project, but I overcame. A 25 mile test drive today showed a few annoyances to deal with (2 defective parts issues and electric fan controller logic to sort out), but the mod has met my goals.

View attachment 144490 View attachment 144491

View attachment 144492 View attachment 144493
The whole "defective or wrong out of the box" thing just freakin' KILLS me!! We get that at work constantly. There is no pride in providing quality anymore. It's only about taking your money. Grrrrrrr.....

Way to overcome!!