Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Real-world, from start to finish, how long is setup? Do you intend to stake it out? Any idea how much wind it can stand up to? FWIW those are serious questions, not trying to cast doubt on your setup.

-TJ
With a sustained 10mpg wind, with gusts of 15-20, by myself it took about 3 minutes to get the awning out, and another 4-5 minutes to get the room unpacked and mounted to the awning. The awning was fine in the wind until that gust of 20mph wind, and started to lift, so I put 2 stakes, and it was fine. The room, I stakes out, just to keep the sides tight. Pack up for the room was about 6-8 minutes, most of which was trying to get all the air out, with steady wind, was a bit much for one person but I got it done. And awning was just as quick to put up as it was to put down. Great setup for the price for sure. If I didn't intend to use it for work as well, I would have looked into a bat wing style awning. But I pull a trailer, so that type would not have worked well for me.

Fireball1969

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jackson, MI, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Failes
Member #

I've heard it's a good trek. Is your engine the 4 or 6 cylinder model. All my friends did sb Chevy's in theirs but I love both the 4 and 6 cly models, even the old flat heads are neat and very dependable. What year model is your Jeep ?
Mine is a v6 and running like a champion!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It is the ARB 2500 awning and their room add on. Walls on all 4 sides, floor and ceiling. Great setup, I'll be using it for a hang out room, as my rtt is comfy, and the wife likes sleeping off the ground lol. I'll attach some photos of inside. All 3 faces showing have screen doors the side on the truck does not, it just zips around so you can access the truck from inside. The side on the truck has zippers in the upper corners, guessing for vents and to pass power cables through from truck, and the whole inside is lined on the roof with hooks to hang items from. Also comes with a small hanging closet to put items in, it hangs from hooks on either back corner. View attachment 142955View attachment 142956View attachment 142957
View attachment 142955View attachment 142956View attachment 142957
View attachment 142953
Have you had it out in a wind storm ? I'm assuming it is staked down but we all know what happens to a box kite.
I'm impressed so far !

Reactions: eagle_A40

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Have you had it out in a wind storm ? I'm assuming it is staked down but we all know what happens to a box kite.
I'm impressed so far !
I've had it for 2 days, so other than the winds at my house of 10-15mph, I have no clue. It has stake straps on the poles, and also comes with guy lines, and it says to keep it staked at all times on the frame.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I've had it for 2 days, so other than the winds at my house of 10-15mph, I have no clue. It has stake straps on the poles, and also comes with guy lines, and it says to keep it staked at all times on the frame.
Thank you, I will research more.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gives little class don't they. Lol!
Reminds me of the days when I was so poor I had a different make tire on all four corners, some white, some black, all bald and lucky to be the same size. At least your jeep has three good matching tires. Your a rich guy ! Because I remember the bad days so well, I still have a storage full of half used tires I won't throw away fearing I might need them some day. :-)

Fireball1969

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jackson, MI, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Failes
Member #

Reminds me of the days when I was so poor I had a different make tire on all four corners, some white, some black, all bald and lucky to be the same size. At least your jeep has three good matching tires. Your a rich guy ! Because I remember the bad days so well, I still have a storage full of half used tires I won't throw away fearing I might need them some day. :-)
Lol! I know what you mean! The old girl is ugly but I love her and she runs great! I am getting her ready for the trans America trail. Wanna go?lol!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Lol! I know what you mean! The old girl is ugly but I love her and she runs great! I am getting her ready for the trans America trail. Wanna go?lol!
If it was closer and I was younger I'd be on your bumper all the way. I dont mind old at all, If I did I would hate myself. I like your old girl, she has patina like me. LOL

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Today, I drive my truck for 9 hours, from south Louisiana to the Nashville area, to help people effected by the recent Tornadoes.
I’m at a friend’s house near Nashville and going to begin Volunteer work tomorrow.
Awesome deed my friend.