Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Worked on the WJ for a moment before dark tonight. Pulled timing cover. Glad I did. Right and left cam tensioners now on order. All else looks fine. But in better news, my custom heavy duty stainless diamond plate brush guard for the Tahoe just arrived! Time to replace cheap plastic with serious strength! Just need to add the holes for the mounting bolts..... unfortunately it will have to wait as I have my hands full with the WJ right now.

Tahoe Brush Guard.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I looked at mine again... stared longingly ate her, then jumped into @KRose car for a lunch adventure a crossed town. I need to really start working on The Adventure Machine... she’s getting lonely with this new 4Runner getting all the loves.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I looked at mine again... stared longingly ate her, then jumped into @KRose car for a lunch adventure a crossed town. I need to really start working on The Adventure Machine... she’s getting lonely with this new 4Runner getting all the loves.
Poor Bronco, you know it is going to get even with you if you dont give him his needed attention.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The running gear is great, just alot of bodywork. The plow is coming off and I plan to do the Trans America Trail when she is done.
I've heard it's a good trek. Is your engine the 4 or 6 cylinder model. All my friends did sb Chevy's in theirs but I love both the 4 and 6 cly models, even the old flat heads are neat and very dependable. What year model is your Jeep ?

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

After modifying(shortened 3"), sanding, priming and applying bed-liner to the ladder-rack, I installed the front frame.

I'll need to relocate the GMRS and CB antennas.

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

If the weather cooperates, I hope to complete the modification of the rear and side supports this week. Once that's done, I'll be able to install a cross-bar to install the RTT.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Poor Bronco, you know it is going to get even with you if you dont give him his needed attention.
I ordered the rest of my electric stuff today for the old girl... it should start filtering in by the end of the week. So it will get some love

Reactions: J.W. and eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
After modifying(shortened 3"), sanding, priming and applying bed-liner to the ladder-rack, I installed the front frame.

I'll need to relocate the GMRS and CB antennas.

View attachment 142852

View attachment 142853

If the weather cooperates, I hope to complete the modification of the rear and side supports this week. Once that's done, I'll be able to install a cross-bar to install the RTT.
Cant tell where you cut them. Good job Mike. Sure like that garage too.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

I like your setup. Any info on make and model you can give ? Not a lot of need for a tent with your setup. Is there a wall next to the truck too ?
It is the ARB 2500 awning and their room add on. Walls on all 4 sides, floor and ceiling. Great setup, I'll be using it for a hang out room, as my rtt is comfy, and the wife likes sleeping off the ground lol. I'll attach some photos of inside. All 3 faces showing have screen doors the side on the truck does not, it just zips around so you can access the truck from inside. The side on the truck has zippers in the upper corners, guessing for vents and to pass power cables through from truck, and the whole inside is lined on the roof with hooks to hang items from. Also comes with a small hanging closet to put items in, it hangs from hooks on either back corner. 20200303_122803.jpg20200303_122653.jpg20200303_122700.jpg
20200303_122803.jpg20200303_122653.jpg20200303_122700.jpg
20200303_122603.jpg

Attachments