702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
Took it up the local mountain for some family snow play. Saw someone stuck and asked if they were ok, got a nasty reply to "just go" with his hand waving us along. Lol

Attachments

Last edited:

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I finally "fabbed" up a fix for the lower mount on my DV8 steel bumper. The body lift caused the bolt holes to not line up with the frame. It's a pretty simple fix but I've been waiting on a friend to do some welding for me. I broke down and bought a piece of 13/16"x3"x25" flat steel to bridge the gap between the bumper mount and the frame. I drilled 6 holes and bolted it up. I'm pretty stoked the bumper held up to some series winching despite not being fully bolted in up until now. :)

The holes don't line up. :)

With the plate bolted in place.

With the skid back in place.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Today, a friend helped me do the famous body mount chop on the Tundra to make more room for the tires. They didnt rub on the mount under normal use, but I wanted more buffer for off-roading. I forgot to take a pic of the finished work with gloss black paint though. It turned out pretty good and he helped me save $400 that the local custom shop wanted.

Attachments

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Today, a friend helped me do the famous body mount chop on the Tundra to make more room for the tires. They didnt rub on the mount under normal use, but I wanted more buffer for off-roading. I forgot to take a pic of the finished work with gloss black paint though. It turned out pretty good and he helped me save $400 that the local custom shop wanted.
Nice! I didn't realize Tundras had to do that mod too.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Nice! I didn't realize Tundras had to do that mod too.
Thanks! Yeah, me neither! This is my second Tundra but I didnt lift the first one. To fit a 35x12.5” tire (mine are 34.3 by 11.77) on a 3 inch lift and lower, its almost a given on these trucks as I found out.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

And.... went snow wheeling afterwards. :)

Followed my buddy around in his Jeep. He dared me to climb up this steep snow covered trail and after initially struggling in the begining I used more right boot! Unfortunately he didn't video it. :)

The snow wasn't very deep but the constant rain and cold temp made it slicker than usual.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Well i got rid of my Jeep and got my New Tacoma today So i guess it is time to start a new build and get ready for spring.
That color is great. Not knocking the Jeep buttttttt Me thinks you made a gooooooooood trade.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Went on a family outing to get Christmas trees. Kinda cool, both of my boys went. With them not living at home and working long hours, it's rare for both of them to be able to hang out at the same time.

View attachment 129425View attachment 129426

And a little hot chocolate.
View attachment 129427
I miss doing things like that with my family. Brings back memories I'd almost forgot. Now I just set up my 30 inch fake tree and manger scene and let it go at that. Merry Christmas you guys !

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I took the DANA 44(M226) rear differential housing to the sand-blaster today. He had it done, pronto. I gave him $40 and headed home. Cleaned it and applied two coats of primer.
Some time this week, I'll begin fab work on a differential protection plate.

Once the assembly is final, I'll apply a few coats of gloss black, before doing the swap-out.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
drove to new orleans and ordered an ARE camper shell with rooftop basket (stock photo) but same thing in white to match my tundra.
yeah, after buying a new camp trailer the beginning of the year, we are going with a shell and then only using the camp trailer as a base camp when we are staying in one specific area for a while. i'm old and fat but would rather deal with climbing in and out of a camper shell than toting a camp trailer all over. i used to travel with my ex and HAD to do motel rooms...pain in the ass to leave an area and look for a room plus the crazy expense...luckily my wife now loves sleeping in the shell or tents, so this way we can stay in the area AND not blow a lot on rooms, leaving a lot of money for fuel and a much longer excursion!

ARE_5362769.jpg

Last edited:

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
drove to new orleans and ordered an ARE camper shell with rooftop basket (stock photo) but same thing in white to match my tundra.
yeah, after buying a new camp trailer the beginning of the year, we are going with a shell and then only using the camp trailer as a base camp when we are staying in one specific area for a while. i'm old and fat but would rather deal with climbing in and out of a camper shell than toting a camp trailer all over.

View attachment 129514
Very nice! I hear you! I wanted to go the camper trailer route first, but after scoring a great deal on a Tepui RTT, I had to get something quickly and ordered a Victory 4x4 modular bed rack. After much research, it was the most economical and practical option I could find that fits with a tonneau. I like the camper shell option too, but my wife doesnt. Like you though, this scenario will work for me as I can take more time on building the trailer and use it later for longer or further out stays.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Nice! View attachment 129517 I'd love to find a(used) camper shell for my Frontier.
Topper World in Gretna had a sign advertising used camper tops for around $400, they are a distributor and prob get the used ones when customers order a new top. heres their number 504-366-8888. would make a nice christmas present to yourself!

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Topper World in Gretna had a sign advertising used camper tops for around $400, they are a distributor and prob get the used ones when customers order a new top. heres their number 504-366-8888. would make a nice christmas present to yourself!
Thank you, Mike. I'll give them a call. animated-smileys-hands-fingers-02.gif