Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
What I did with, not to: My wife is a brewer and sometimes they get behind. To ensure I continue to drink for free, I go do a delivery once in a while.

German Chocolate Porter
Red Corn Rye French Saison
View attachment 126987
Holy cow, you and how many others. Looks more like party time for the gang ! :-)

Reactions: eagle_A40

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Restaurant delivery. We ahve one guy who loves what she does and has it in all of his stores. Truth be told, she makes some pretty amazing non standard beers. Nothing wrong with the standards, but that Saison... wow. She is doing things like a Texas Chilton Ale, Marzenbier, Belgian Tripple, one I call a Chupacabra... a Mexican chocolate cinnamon porter, and coming up this weekend an Irish Car Bomb Extra Stout fueled with Jamison Whiskey infused in the beer. Used a little lactose to give it some creaminess to give it texture like Irish Cream.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Restaurant delivery. We ahve one guy who loves what she does and has it in all of his stores. Truth be told, she makes some pretty amazing non standard beers. Nothing wrong with the standards, but that Saison... wow. She is doing things like a Texas Chilton Ale, Marzenbier, Belgian Tripple, one I call a Chupacabra... a Mexican chocolate cinnamon porter, and coming up this weekend an Irish Car Bomb Extra Stout fueled with Jamison Whiskey infused in the beer. Used a little lactose to give it some creaminess to give it texture like Irish Cream.
Sounds good, I particularly like a 3.2 Ale. I'm not alcohol inclined or tolerant but on occasion I like a good cold Ale.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
SHe tends to make everything a bit ham handed. THe Belgian Tripple is 10.3%. The Marzen 6.4. Chupacabra around 8.0. Big beers.
I doubt she is lacking in customers, I know lots of big time beer drinkers !

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I finished wiring up my chase lights. I originally intended to only use 1 light as a chase light and one as a camp light but after 5 days in the middle of a caravan in dusty Death Valley I decided I need both lights set up for chase. I used two 7" Nilight bars and placed amber tint over the lens of one bar before the DV trip. I took the light apart to put the film on and I confirmed these lights are trash. The rubber gaskets are squished out of place and the main plate screws just screw onto the top of the plastic lens, not into or through. The waterproofing is very questionable. Granted, I already suspected junk and they will work fine for my needs and at $16/pair I won't be upset when they fail. :)

I need to add film to the passenger side light until I can replace the units with something nicer that already has an amber lens. The film looks hokey when lit up in comparison. But for a broke bloke this will work for now. I placed them on the sides of the rack instead of under the top bar because I need that space for mountain bikes. Placed on the side bars they don't take up usable space.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I finished wiring up my chase lights. I originally intended to only use 1 light as a chase light and one as a camp light but after 5 days in the middle of a caravan in dusty Death Valley I decided I need both lights set up for chase. I used two 7" Nilight bars and placed amber tint over the lens of one bar before the DV trip. I took the light apart to put the film on and I confirmed these lights are trash. The rubber gaskets are squished out of place and the main plate screws just screw onto the top of the plastic lens, not into or through. The waterproofing is very questionable. Granted, I already suspected junk and they will work fine for my needs and at $16/pair I won't be upset when they fail. :)

I need to add film to the passenger side light until I can replace the units with something nicer that already has an amber lens. The film looks hokey when lit up in comparison. But for a broke bloke this will work for now. I placed them on the sides of the rack instead of under the top bar because I need that space for mountain bikes. Placed on the side bars they don't take up usable space.

Always nice to know what is trash and what is not. I'm almost afraid to buy anything anymore that is priced reasonable. There is good and bad and not all the bad comes from china. Trial and error is the game these days. Thanks for the heads up.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Always nice to know what is trash and what is not. I'm almost afraid to buy anything anymore that is priced reasonable. There is good and bad and not all the bad comes from china. Trial and error is the game these days. Thanks for the heads up.
Agreed. A lot of the budget-friendly stuff I buy turns out decent enough but if the price is drastically less than all competing products then you know your chance of getting junk is high. lol

That said, I can't see spending $200/pr for chase lights so something in the $50-$75 range will work I'm sure. :)

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I was going to apply the clear-coat to the upper bumper cap, so I could mount the winch-bumper tomorrow, but wife had other plans(better for her). She ask me to finish with the closet organizer. At least I got a good home-mage hamburger out of the deal. She also said she'll get a 12-pack for me when she goes to the store. animated-smileys-hands-fingers-02.gif

The outside temp is already up to 62°F, so if I finish with the closet organizer early, I might have enough time to apply clear-coat.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

After working on the wife's closet organizer, I found time to apply 4 coats of clear-coat to the upper bumper cap. animated-smileys-dancing-002.gif While it was drying, I decided to removing the grill and factory front bumper.

Front of truck before factory bumper removal. The pic below was taken weeks age, before the new wheels and tires were installed.
IMG_3045.jpg

Grill removed.
IMG_3443.jpg

Factory rubber bumper removed.

There was a seal that had come unglued. I found it above the factory skid-plate. I cleaned the seal and surface; and applied adhesive(used painters tape to hold the seal in-place until it cures).
I then installed the ShrockWorks radiator skid-place. I can't install the winch-bumper until the upper bumper cap is installed, so I stopped for the evening. I'll install the upper bumper cap in the morning, then install the ShrockWorks winch bumper.
IMG_3445.jpg\
Time for a couple cold drinks. animated-smileys-drinking-005.gif

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Good point. I would question having a bunch of gas cans hanging off the rear of a vehicle if I was the law ! Safety issue... I know others do it but I wouldn't.
So on this point, the need for extra gasoline.... I made an accidental discovery this summer. My TJR with a 19 gallon tank averaged 17mpg, a 300 mile range at best. Then I changed from 33x10.50s to 7.50R16s and I now get 22mpg easy, a 400 mile range. A change of tires gets me an extra 100 miles.

I'm never going back.

DSC_0013.jpeg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

So on this point, the need for extra gasoline.... I made an accidental discovery this summer. My TJR with a 19 gallon tank averaged 17mpg, a 300 mile range at best. Then I changed from 33x10.50s to 7.50R16s and I now get 22mpg easy, a 400 mile range. A change of tires gets me an extra 100 miles.

I'm never going back.

View attachment 127308
Same diameter? Wow!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

I'm never going back.

View attachment 127308
Do you think it was the height or width of the tire that altered your gas mileage ? Width causes less drag but height or diameter changes you gear ratio.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Do you think it was the height or width of the tire that altered your gas mileage ? Width causes less drag but height or diameter changes you gear ratio.
Driving up on a red light, I used to coast to a stop.... now at the last moment I have to hit the brakes. It is all about rolling resistance.