Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Attached the new off-road basket. Currently figuring out the best configuration for the fuel cans and recovery tracks.
View attachment 126847View attachment 126848
Is there an issue with your license plate being covered in your state? I only ask because here in Washington they get really picky about that. They will pull you over for a small trailer ball being in the way.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Is there an issue with your license plate being covered in your state? I only ask because here in Washington they get really picky about that. They will pull you over for a small trailer ball being in the way.
Good point. I would question having a bunch of gas cans hanging off the rear of a vehicle if I was the law ! Safety issue... I know others do it but I wouldn't.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Yeah, some states can be real anal about such things. Texas law says the plate must be able to be seen from 50' away. Since the basket is physically higher than the plate itself, it's not actually covered. It's also not permanently attached, like a rear mounted spare tire carrier, where the plate would need to be relocated. Many people drive with hitch mounted baskets, bike racks, BBQ grills, etc, all the time without issue from the police. I have used baskets to carry many things, including gas cans, over many years and never had an issue. It's no more dangerous on the back of a pickup than the thousands of Jeeps, Land Rovers, FJ's 4Runners, or Hummers having gas cans mounted on their rear bumper, door, or spare tire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wallygator

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Good point. I would question having a bunch of gas cans hanging off the rear of a vehicle if I was the law ! Safety issue... I know others do it but I wouldn't.
My only concern was making sure it thought of legally wise. I feel like safety is in our own hands. I just know in some places, cops can get real nittpicky. It's County by county here.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
Super nice improvement. What brand ?
Affordable Offroad Pair of Elite Rock Sliders for 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ
These sliders are pretty beefy. I’m not a fan of screwing them into the unibody. I’ll be welding them to the “frame” when I can. I did have to drill and bolt them into the body pinch seam which is fine. I’m happy to have the protection and a step to be able to reach the RTT now

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Found the idler pulley squeaking when cold. Also has some.wobble to it. Ordered a new one

Was getting a gas smell and found a very small leak at the fuel pressure regulator. pulled it out and the original 25 year old orings finally gave up the ghost. Im guessing our recent spat of cold weather finally did them in. Found an oring in my parts pile to replace the outer o ring which stopped the leak but didnt have the inner oring so my fuel system wont hold pressure when the engine is off. Ordered a new Delphi branded unit

Changed oil 300 miles early cause i had the time. Rotella T4 10w30 and a mopar filter.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My only concern was making sure it thought of legally wise. I feel like safety is in our own hands. I just know in some places, cops can get real nittpicky. It's County by county here.
If I actually lived in the city (Austin), yes I would be concerned. Where I am, not much is an issue. Especially when local law says trailers used for farm activities do not even need plates at all. Also, I am not one of those people who need to have my rig fully decked out all the time. I just don't feel the need to carry all my gear just to go back and forth to work.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I didn't do a darn thing with my truck today. Actually, it's been parked since we returned from Long Beach, Ms.

Although on Monday, I did prep, prime and paint(base-coat) the upper bumper cap(second pic) to match my truck's paint code. It was warm enough then, but a cold front came through and put a halt to applying the clear-coat. I'm waiting for the temps to warm up a bit for that.

To install the winch bumper(ShrockWorks), the instructions state to cut the factory(Nissan Frontier SV) rubber bumper at the horizontal indentation(red arrow). I hate to butcher a perfectly good bumper, so I ordered a upper bumper cap for a Frontier with the factory chrome bumper. I'll remove the SV rubber bumper and store it for later.

IMG_3432 - Copy.jpg

Below is the upper bumper cap with base-coat applied. Looks like it'll be the middle of next week before the temps reach a high of 70°F for the clear-coat application. :disappointed:
IMG_3433.jpg

Below is the ShrockWorks bumper ready to install.
IMG_3352.jpg

I've been itching to install this thing for a month now.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What I did with, not to: My wife is a brewer and sometimes they get behind. To ensure I continue to drink for free, I go do a delivery once in a while.

German Chocolate Porter
Red Corn Rye French Saison
View attachment 126987
Holy cow, you and how many others. Looks more like party time for the gang ! :-)

Reactions: eagle_A40

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Restaurant delivery. We ahve one guy who loves what she does and has it in all of his stores. Truth be told, she makes some pretty amazing non standard beers. Nothing wrong with the standards, but that Saison... wow. She is doing things like a Texas Chilton Ale, Marzenbier, Belgian Tripple, one I call a Chupacabra... a Mexican chocolate cinnamon porter, and coming up this weekend an Irish Car Bomb Extra Stout fueled with Jamison Whiskey infused in the beer. Used a little lactose to give it some creaminess to give it texture like Irish Cream.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Restaurant delivery. We ahve one guy who loves what she does and has it in all of his stores. Truth be told, she makes some pretty amazing non standard beers. Nothing wrong with the standards, but that Saison... wow. She is doing things like a Texas Chilton Ale, Marzenbier, Belgian Tripple, one I call a Chupacabra... a Mexican chocolate cinnamon porter, and coming up this weekend an Irish Car Bomb Extra Stout fueled with Jamison Whiskey infused in the beer. Used a little lactose to give it some creaminess to give it texture like Irish Cream.
Sounds good, I particularly like a 3.2 Ale. I'm not alcohol inclined or tolerant but on occasion I like a good cold Ale.