Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

Installed a new radiator, hoses,t-stat, and alternator.
Come to find out that after everything was installed I was sold the wrong alternator.
Apparently in the early Toyota's they used 2 different types, one used a 5 pin voltage regulator and the other uses a 6 pin voltage regulator.
Neither one works with the other.
So now I have to pull it all back apart and now replace the alternator and voltage regulator because they both went bad.
So there's always something to do tomorrow.

Reactions: O.Dfj

josh_375

Rank III
Launch Member
Supporter

Enthusiast I

South Mississippi
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Summ
Member #

Service Branch
Army
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ. Earlier this week I changed diff fluids, spark plugs and cleaned engine up a bit.
Reorganized my recovery box, tool box. Organized my camping gear in the rear and on the rack. Finally mounted my Fire Extinguisher. Strapped up my single man tent. And I painted my hood flat black to reduce light reflection from light bar.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Installed a new radiator, hoses,t-stat, and alternator.
Come to find out that after everything was installed I was sold the wrong alternator.
Apparently in the early Toyota's they used 2 different types, one used a 5 pin voltage regulator and the other uses a 6 pin voltage regulator.
Neither one works with the other.
So now I have to pull it all back apart and now replace the alternator and voltage regulator because they both went bad.
So there's always something to do tomorrow.

How did that happen

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Got home after my QEI Course and started to take the jeep apart. Then my wife got home and said lets go out with the kids and eat. So you know what that means! Happy Wife Happy Life plus Jeep parts, can't complain on that. Lol

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Thanks brother looking forward to it and seeing what the boys say after its installed. Lol. I'll keep you posted if they say it's easy to find.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hit the trails with my brother and his X. The Subaru performed flawlessly on all sorts of trails and I have to say that X-mode is pretty awesome when you bolt the right tires to the car.

image.jpeg

Had a wheel a lot higher several times but it was teetering on two on a steep decline here. Almost perfectly balanced.

image.jpeg

"Brush" guard did its job today. Weight of the car against a rock and I thought for sure it was going to be more than gouges in the powdercoat.

image.jpeg

Pin stripes galore. My car has a date with a buffer but had a great time getting out there and seeing how capable the car truly is.

image.jpeg

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

That looks nice!!! I didn't get one on my Jeep cause I have a GPS but looking to get the Magellan explorist TRX7. Cause my little GPS won't be any good. Lol

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

This is what's going on this morning the kids wanted to help me out and decide to check under the Jeep for me to see what I needed to work on. It looks like they were wanting to see how many times they can roll from one side to the other under the Jeep. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Took another pic of my Outer Limits Weekend Warrior first aid kit and added it to my build thread, and also added an item to the kit.

Updated picture from 8-27-2016, added some Celox to the kit, and showing how I organized my kit

Ordered some of that blood blocking stuff for wounds from Amazon.
Celox 2 GM package of 5

Added a few more patches today, just waiting on my member numbered Overland Bound patch to add when it arrives.

Waxed the rig Sunday of last week, and wiped it down this morning with Speed Shine, makes it look like it was just washed.
Also cleaned the whole interior.

Would have had a major mod to report today, but the shop I was at yesterday was so backlogged I ended up leaving and setup a new appointment for next Friday morning since I have had the day planned off for several months.
So stay tuned for next weekend...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

We *finally* got the C4 Fabrication rock sliders mounted on my 4Runner. They look fantastic! I was #4 on the group buy, but they spent two months at my powder coat guy! Shoulda just had Caleb do them for the $25 I saved... Thanks to #ohio_hawk for the guidance and massive amount of help. It was 90 with 96 heat index while we did this!