Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
This is the video I watched today to set the deflators.

I been using the Offroad Boar Deflator, was cheap and gets the job done but I just hate that I have to keep going back to the wheel to keep checking on it. Don't get me wrong it works but I have been trying to find a set that was like yours that I can just set the pressures and keep doing other things at camp or prepping for the trail as it airs down. Kinda like that Ronco Chicken machine "SET IT AND FORGET IT" lol. Where did you find your set. I cant complain my deflator was $10 and has lasted me a couple years, I couldn't justify spending so much money on an ARB on that literally looks and does the SAME thing for 6 times the price!!.
deflator.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I been using the Offroad Boar Deflator, was cheap and gets the job done but I just hate that I have to keep going back to the wheel to keep checking on it. Don't get me wrong it works but I have been trying to find a set that was like yours that I can just set the pressures and keep doing other things at camp or prepping for the trail as it airs down. Kinda like that Ronco Chicken machine "SET IT AND FORGET IT" lol. Where did you find your set. I cant complain my deflator was $10 and has lasted me a couple years, I couldn't justify spending so much money on an ARB on that literally looks and does the SAME thing for 6 times the price!!.
View attachment 124107
Check post #8100 on the previous page. Got them from Amazon. I’ve yet to trail test them. Works fine in my driveway lol.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Aired up the tires after the break in the weather since driving up. Amazing how a 30 degree temp drop effects tire pressures each fall. All set for the drive home this week.
About how much difference in pressure do you see as the weather gets colder? I notice sometimes it does drop a couple pounds here in FL when its cold.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 124107
Ditto on the cheap deflator set. Didn't see the justification of price for something I will not use all the time.

Reactions: SinisterJK

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Changed that window regulator on my xterra! First time ever and that was a easy job!
Been there, done that. Mine went out the week before a camping trip. I would have normally just left it till afterwards, but the window was stuck in the down position, so you know it was going to rain.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Bringing it to the dealer tomorrow for a recall that I've been getting calls on for a few months, and to have them look at the brakes. Pedal went spongy after a rear pad change, apparently their relatively notorious for getting into the ABS system.

Added 7 pin wiring and a brake controller a couple months back for the new pop up camper.

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
View attachment 124281 I had new milestar Patagonia tires mounted on pro comp wheels. The 31’s work great with the 2 1/2 inch lift.

Those Patagonias seem to hit the sweet spot as almost a crossover tire between an all terrain and mud tire. The tread looks crazy good and the price is reasonable compared to an MTR or bfg mt. How did they balance ? Very strongly considering them myself too.

Reactions: Shamu and ZombieGTA

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
View attachment 124281 I had new milestar Patagonia tires mounted on pro comp wheels. The 31’s work great with the 2 1/2 inch lift.
I liked that tire but my dealer said I would have to wait a month or so to get them in so I bought others (more expensive) The price on the Patagonia cant be beat and the tire has a better rating than many of the more expensive tires.

ZombieGTA

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Caseyville, Illinois, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Curtis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Those Patagonias seem to hit the sweet spot as almost a crossover tire between an all terrain and mud tire. The tread looks crazy good and the price is reasonable compared to an MTR or bfg mt. How did they balance ? Very strongly considering them myself too.
The tire shop said there’s no issues. They didn’t like them at first, but when I told them the tires were $523 with taxes and fees they were stunned.

ZombieGTA

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Caseyville, Illinois, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Curtis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I liked that tire but my dealer said I would have to wait a month or so to get them in so I bought others (more expensive) The price on the Patagonia cant be beat and the tire has a better rating than many of the more expensive tires.
I bought them from amazon with free next day shipping.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I bought them from amazon with free next day shipping.
I didn't do it that way (amazon) I bought mine online through Discount tire in order to get all their various discounts.. Then they sent the tires to a dealer to be installed by them. All in all I paid 799.00$ for 5 tires which I felt was a good price for 265/75r/16 Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain . Then they still sent me 120$ credit card rebate. so I ended up paying 679$ for 5 tires. Install and balance will be another 120$ so that totals 799$ again or $160 each. They list for $184.

Reactions: ZombieGTA

John~SWNM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

Well, not exactly today,, but over the last week I modified my rack to cary more water and got it back on the truck this weekend. Version 1 was able to carry 2 5-gallon water cans, the new set up added the ability to carry up to 3 more jerry cans between the cargo basket & rear window (25 gallons plus the 5-gallon Igloo cooler we always carry in the bed). I also added an off-road appropriate reverse light.

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Decided to pause the differential upgrade and do the WJ hydraulic to mechanical fan mod first (and freshen up the entire cooling system while I was there). Ordered water pump and thermostat. Next paycheck i'll sneak in ordering a new radiator and the one after that I'll order the new power steering pump. A little at a time....