Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
HD front bumper was prepped and primed Tuesday evening. Painted yesterday. Today, I installed the winch.

Waiting until my son has time to help me install the bumper. Hopefully, that'll happen this coming weekend.
284 #'s I think you said, I sure hope you have some help ! Paint job look real good.

Reactions: eagle_A40

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

284 #'s I think you said, I sure hope you have some help ! Paint job look real good.
Thanks.
I've got a overhead hoist and floor-jack in my shop, but I'll need my son's help to hold it steady while mounting. I need to clear a path in the shop to drive the truck inside. It's so darn messy. I'm working on a set of sliders and rebuilding a DANA 44 with locking diff to install later. My tractor is also parked in the shop(24' X 24") , so it can get crowded real quick-like.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thanks.
I've got a overhead hoist and floor-jack in my shop, but I'll need my son's help to hold it steady while mounting. I need to clear a path in the shop to drive the truck inside. It's so darn messy. I'm working on a set of sliders and rebuilding a DANA 44 with locking diff to install later. My tractor is also parked in the shop(24' X 24") , so it can get crowded real quick-like.
I hear ya. I don't have a place to work on my rig at all, so I am having to have mechanics do almost everything. I was going to rent a storage unit to work out of but I live rural and everything is full up. When one opens up I think I will rent it full time if they will let me work out of it. Some places wont allow mechanical work being done.

Reactions: eagle_A40

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I had a colonoscopy then went home and saw FedEx dropped off my new Freedom Offroad UCAs so I took a nap then installed them. Install was relatively easy but GM placed the nuts for the UCA bolts inside the spring mount so I had to unbolt my coilovers to shift them around and make room for a wrench. If not for that step I'd have been done in 30min instead of 2hrs. lol

I'm testing these very inexpensive units to see how they hold up to abuse. They run $380. The next cheapest brand is $750 and they only go up from there. I have not read of any failures yet.
9242019213138.jpeg