Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Will do Captn! I can send you the sockless version. ;)

We aired down. The trail is too rocky to be comfortable at street pressure but yeah, it wasn't technical enough to require it. Now had we continued on much further it would have gotten real.... I'm not quite ready for the Rubicon.
Well it looked like you had a really good time and a better view than I did . LOL
You have a really nice rig and set up. I'm not an RTT man but for you young folk , I think they are great. You do realize that bears love to climb dont you ? :<)

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Pulled the driver's seat and put my old seat back in it so i can take the WJ seat down to get refoamed by the local upholstery shop.

Reactions: RoarinRow

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hopefully that's your work truck lol. j/k.
Ha, nope! This is my daily driven overland rig. I will be installing a custom fabed recessed battery box. This will allow me to run a group 29 deep cycle house battery. I will power my fridge, and RTT accessories without the fear of killing my engine batteries.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Ha, nope! This is my daily driven overland rig. I will be installing a custom fabed recessed battery box. This will allow me to run a group 29 deep cycle house battery. I will power my fridge, and RTT accessories without the fear of killing my engine batteries.
I figured you'd have something cool planned for it. I just saw two holes and said, whoa!

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
Swore at it this evening when it wouldn't start.
at first I thought the spade connector had rattles loose from the starter solenoid again, crawled under the van to slip it back on only to find that the housing bolt of the starter motor was missing.
No wonder the f@cker wouldn't start!
..tomorrow ....searching in the shed for a replacement bolt and a tube of locktite.

Reactions: JCWages

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I'd still keep my cut outs for the next owner although he could use aluminum sheets to cover and pop rivet over the holes unless you sell it to another off roader.
Looks like it will make a tidy installation I would like to see when your finished. I might do something similar to the fiberglass panel in the rear of my LRD2 in an existing compartment that has only access from top, to be able to install my solar charger, amp meter and Inverter in the recess instead of a surface mount.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Swore at it this evening when it wouldn't start.
at first I thought the spade connector had rattles loose from the starter solenoid again, crawled under the van to slip it back on only to find that the housing bolt of the starter motor was missing.
No wonder the f@cker wouldn't start!
..tomorrow ....searching in the shed for a replacement bolt and a tube of locktite.
When you get mad at your rig and call it names, it will get even with you by spitting bolts and nut or burn your wires. LOL

Reactions: Buckaroo

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ain't that the truth?
They are just like dogs, kindness will make them love you so be careful what you say to them, I'm NOT joking. Never kick um in their tires or let dogs pee on them. You would be asking for all kinds of problems.

Reactions: Buckaroo

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
They are just like dogs, kindness will make them love you so be careful what you say to them, I'm NOT joking. Never kick um in their tires or let dogs pee on them. You would be asking for all kinds of problems.
that rig of mine gets all the love and attention ( and all of my hard earned money) constantly.
..and if a dog ever peed on my tyres, it would be limping away holding it's cahoonas.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
that rig of mine gets all the love and attention ( and all of my hard earned money) constantly.
..and if a dog ever peed on my tyres, it would be limping away holding it's cahoonas.
Did you ever see a dog pee on an electrified van ?

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Applied some Noico noise mat to my 2004 TJ’s front floorboards (getting her ready for the next Canyonlands trip). I’ll see...hear...if helps reduce some road noise after my Tom Woods CV driveshaft arrives and R&R the front upper control arm bushings. Southwest Jeep, not a speck of rust discovered after pulling up the carpet.

6288B428-D8BD-41E6-AF35-8741364B754C.jpeg5441B60B-23FD-4346-AC6D-7849DEB49DA0.jpeg