Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Awesome! Nicely done!

I just can’t believe there’s still snow there. Wow! I’ll take some of it after consecutive 100 degree weather out here lol.
Seriously! It's finally up into the high 90s in the valley and I'm already over it. Thankfully those consecutive days of 109+ didn't happen this year. So cooler temps combined with a heavy snow year means the high elevation trails (6,500ft.+) are just getting around to melting. So I will be up there in the relative cool if you need me. lol

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Seriously! It's finally up into the high 90s in the valley and I'm already over it. Thankfully those consecutive days of 109+ didn't happen this year. So cooler temps combined with a heavy snow year means the high elevation trails (6,500ft.+) are just getting around to melting. So I will be up there in the relative cool if you need me. lol
We were amazed at how much snow there still was up high in the Sierras earlier this month. I haven't been to Silverton since April, but I know they're still clearing out the passes there and some of the roads aren't even going to open this year from the avalanche debris. Hoping to get down there in late August... there will probably still be snow.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

We were amazed at how much snow there still was up high in the Sierras earlier this month. I haven't been to Silverton since April, but I know they're still clearing out the passes there and some of the roads aren't even going to open this year from the avalanche debris. Hoping to get down there in late August... there will probably still be snow.
I can't wait for the snow to come back. :) It's supposed to be in the 100s this weekend now. :(

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I got my winch wired up this evening after work. It's operational now but I need to make a mounting bracket to hold the control box. I found a nice spot for it that will keep the wireless on/off switch and the connection for the wired input up front and easy to access. I was worked after connecting the wires to the back of the winch without removing the winch from the cradle so I had to call it a day. Zip ties will hold the controller for now. lol

I'll make a bracket and mount the controller box right here.
20190725_193104.jpg

20190725_193126.jpg

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I would consider running a stap over the cans as well unless they fit very snug in the holders. I noticed mine rocks around in the holder when driving rough roads so I now secure it with bungee to reduce wear and tear as well as stop noise. Mine is mounted in the bed but hitch mounted platforms have even more movement. Looks good!
I just got a jerry can and was looking at the smitty built holders online...are they pretty well built? they cost over half what the can cost, but it seems to be the best way to mount
$30 on Amazon. They are well built and have an adjustable strap to fit short, as well as tall, cans.
My cans fit well. Snug enough to need to push them in, but not too tight that they scrape. Drove them to/from work this week and they did not move or rattle. We'll see about rough roads. The holders come with rubber isolaters, which are not the best, but do well enough. Everyone recommends (me included) to glue them in place as soon as you get them as they tend to fall off otherwise.

Reactions: JCWages

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Got Mail!!!
Finally my Smittybilt Awning arrived after 2 months of being in backorder!!!

Today I took some measurements and tomorrow I will install it!

Reactions: Chadlyb and roots66