First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I like that light, who makes it?
Its an amazon special... Got two of em for 25 or whatever. They're a spot beam so I'm hoping it works out as a chase light. When I got em I pulled them apart to silicone the seal around the lens and the sides and they were decently sealed up as received. Good bond between the LED PCB and the heat sink as well.
It has a surprisingly tight beam pattern, Its totally not as good as a high end lamp, but for a chase light that will be forever covered in dust I think it'll work out. I have another one that I'm going to mount above the 3rd brakelight/bed lamp in my partners truck as well.

Pez

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Paszkiewicz
i totaled my TJ :( someone missed their exit on the interstate and slammed on their brakes in front of me. my bumper was strong enough to prevent any body damage but alas my frame was no match.. on the bright side insurance is giving me enough to get a different vehicle

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
i totaled my TJ :( someone missed their exit on the interstate and slammed on their brakes in front of me. my bumper was strong enough to prevent any body damage but alas my frame was no match.. on the bright side insurance is giving me enough to get a different vehicle
Oh wow that sucks, sorry to hear about the incident. But good you'll get another vehicle.

Reactions: roots66 and Pez

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
Dang, that's rough. My first accident was in a similar situation and my truck was only 2 months old. I was held at fault too because the driver claimed he didn't lock up his brakes in rush hour traffic. Dash cam since. Good luck with the replacement vehicle!

Reactions: Pez

Bomb Dawg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Olmsted, OH
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Cameron
Member #

So, after a couple uses of the ARB awning and awning room, I finally decided to relocate it to a better location on my Prinsu roof rack which lowered it on the truck. I also moved it forward to line up the zippered access panel on the truck side of the awning room with the doors of the truck. I was losing some floor space in the room because it was up so high on the truck side that the floor at that end was a foot off the ground, plus it was mounted flush up against the side of my roof rack. Flipping the mounting brackets upside down actually ended up moving the whole thing out about three inches because of the loops built into the angle of the brackets, so less room is lost from the curvature of the truck side. Added benefit, it doesn't stick up above the side of the rack anymore, so anything I want to haul up there won't hit it, and it's no longer the highest point on the truck. While the structure of the awning cleared the doors, the cover sagged a bit, so I used some straps to tighten it up in a few places so it doesn't interfere with the operation of the doors.
A seemingly minor thing, relocating it, but when you're out there, little things mean a lot!

Before and After:

IMG_20190708_100821889.jpgIMG_20190723_143833826_HDR.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Its an amazon special... Got two of em for 25 or whatever. Its totally not as good as a high end lamp, but for a chase light that will be forever covered in dust I think it'll work out.
That's the attitude to have when you buy the generic LED lights. I have a few Amazon specials on my truck and they work well enough for the $20 I spent. They were sealed well too until I apparently cut through a seal with a razor blade while applying the yellow film. Grrr When the moisture evaporates I'll seal it back up. lol

Reactions: RJCanyon

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Received and installed the Smittybilt Jerry can holders. View attachment 108988
I would consider running a stap over the cans as well unless they fit very snug in the holders. I noticed mine rocks around in the holder when driving rough roads so I now secure it with bungee to reduce wear and tear as well as stop noise. Mine is mounted in the bed but hitch mounted platforms have even more movement. Looks good!

Reactions: roots66

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I crawled around under the truck checking for loose bolts or anything that looked out of place. I helped recover a Bronco that was high centered in snow last weekend and when I gave him a low speed snatch with the static strap I heard a loud clank which I was pretty sure was just the hitch receiver and bow shackle. I just wanted to make 100% sure I didn't damage anything. I didn't. :)

If this little snatch didn't work I was prepared to swap out the static strap for the ARB kinetic strap. I'm glad we happened upon the poor folks when we did. They were going to be digging for awhile if we hadn't.

Video captured by @Magic Mike
Awesome! Nicely done!

I just can’t believe there’s still snow there. Wow! I’ll take some of it after consecutive 100 degree weather out here lol.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Awesome! Nicely done!

I just can’t believe there’s still snow there. Wow! I’ll take some of it after consecutive 100 degree weather out here lol.
Seriously! It's finally up into the high 90s in the valley and I'm already over it. Thankfully those consecutive days of 109+ didn't happen this year. So cooler temps combined with a heavy snow year means the high elevation trails (6,500ft.+) are just getting around to melting. So I will be up there in the relative cool if you need me. lol