What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Dunewheeler12

Rank III

Traveler I

Finally made the decision to regear. The 373’s just weren’t cutting it, especially with all the extra weight in the rear, and when pulling the trailer.

Thought long and hard between 456’s and 488’s. Decided to go with Yukon 488’s, and so far, no regrets. Still in the break-in period but can definitely tell a huge difference. No more “hunting” between gears!

At the same time did some ARB diff covers, and an AEV snorkel.

Can’t wait to see how it really feels once I get past that break-in period.

View attachment 98166

View attachment 98167

View attachment 98168

View attachment 98169
Who did the re-gear man

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Got a rock chip fixed in my windshield before it spreads as the weather warms up! Ordered up a auxiliary transmission cooler, (BM70264) to make sure that I don’t get the “strawberry milkshake “ problem, with my 4Runner. Also, new lower ball joints in the front end! Vance.

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

More of a "what did you do with your rig yesterday", but nevertheless... Took the Subaru out for the first real trip of the season; traveling throughout Ontario and Quebec. I spent most of my time along the Ottawa Valley overland route, which can be found on graveltravel.ca. I am honestly, very impressed with this vehicle. It got me through a lot of nasty weather and terrain, and was very comfortable to live out of!

Started out on some nice forest trails near the US/Can border.

Found some pretty nasty trail conditions - it continued on like this for hundreds of feet, and was about a foot deep in a few of the sections I went out to observe. The region has been facing periodic flooding over the last month. I popped out my front bumper protector, but otherwise, the Forester handled it very well. Great tires make a big difference too.

Found a nice place to camp for the night, under the moonlight and stars. It's great that there's so little light pollution up here.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
More of a "what did you do with your rig yesterday", but nevertheless...
Nice pictures! Top one looks like infrared. What camera/processing/etc.? Would really love a Leica Monochrom but I have other things to pay for...

Reactions: Baipin

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nice pictures! Top one looks like infrared. What camera/processing/etc.? Would really love a Leica Monochrom but I have other things to pay for...
Thanks! It's a Sony A7R (the older, first version) that's been converted to full spectrum by Kolarivision. These were indeed shot in IR (specifically 680nm). I used to have a Leica iiic, but never a digital Leica M... other things to pay for. Nice cameras, not so nice on the wallet!

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks! It's a Sony A7R (the older, first version) that's been converted to full spectrum by Kolarivision. These were indeed shot in IR (specifically 680nm). I used to have a Leica iiic, but never a digital Leica M... other things to pay for. Nice cameras, not so nice on the wallet!
The shots look great! Have considered switching to the Sony line but have a bunch of Canon glass... Would like something smaller but by the time I get something configured in my head that would make me happy it is nearly as large. Hahaha. Been looking at Fujis a lot as well and understand they are coming out with a full frame camera? Maybe I should actually GO OUT and use what I have?!?!? :) Will go look for you on Flickr/Instagram.