Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Today was a light trail ride to test Rover as I get ready for the season! Went up Forest Service trail 9500762 (in the NW1 Colville National Forest Map) and ran into snow at 3300ft and again deeper snow at 3636ft where I had to engage L/R to crawl through! Took and stopped at a flowery plateau at 3870ft where I can see all the way to Idaho before descending back down trail 9500755 and returning to home off road 9565080. Still find snow at 4K ft too deep without chains and winch but I keep testingIMG_0016.JPG

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Installed a Rugged Ridge trailer hitch receiver last night with my son; installed the wiring harness this morning. Need to wait for _someone_ to get out of bed to come help make sure the (simple) wiring is doing what it should.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
JKU third brakelight deleted today - finally! Have had a Rugged Ridge LED ring mounted behind spare for a while but finally got around to taking off the tire carrier, chopping off the third brake light and painting it today. I really disliked Jeep's third brake light.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Installed Vector mount, organized all the small things that were being shoved under the seats and finally got my Teraflex tailgate table.
I installed the same tailgate table last weekend. First holes drilled in the Jeep. Nice work, looks good!

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Unfortunately my truck is at the dealership having a new EGR cooler installed after a failure.

On the bright side I enjoy see everybody else's work.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I tried to replace my rear brake pads with Powerstop Z23 pads in an effort to get rid of the squeak when driving over rough surfaces. Everything was going great until the last caliper bolt decided to break off inside the slide pin. You know that feeling....

I was all set to try and drill out the broken bolt but I lucked out and when the drill bit finally caught it unscrewed the bolt slightly. Seriously? Did I just get off that easy? Indeed I did. I backed the broken bolt out with my fingers but not before a few curse words had been uttered.

My wife and kid were ready to hit the trail on mountain bikes and this quick job is now screwing with our plans. To make matters worse the truck is parked half way inside the garage with a jack under the rear diff. I need to get the truck outside of the garage so I can close the door but I can't drive it or risk applying the brakes without the caliper bolted in place. *scratches head* Ahh hah!

Now I can put the wheel back on and push the truck out of the garage, gently. Then chock the front wheels so it doesn't roll down our hill. :)

The dealership was closed and Reibes didn't have even a listing of brake parts for our trucks. In desperation I tried ACE hardware but these are hard to find bolts! A call to O'Reilly turned up a bolt and slide pin for $11 and in stock! Turns out while the parts will work they are pretty janky and very lightweight compared to the OEM parts. Hmmm well this will at least get me to the dealership on Monday so I can get the OEM bolt.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku