Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I went out and looked at it. It’s all good man, I says to myself, went back in the house, had some breakfast and started thinking about our next trip.. it’s nice to have your vehicle done.. just maintenance from here on in..
Oh wow, didn't know that was an attainable point!

Young Dakota

Rank I

Contributor III

Spent all weekend getting my 86 CJ7 ready for the road.

• Replaced the rear main seal ( it has a SBC 350 that takes a 2 piece seal so it wasn’t too bad of job)

• Replaced some weepy frost plugs (this job was less fun but not too bad)

• installed a tuffy center console

• installed rear bumper with receiver hitch to pack bikes along

Next on the list will be new fender flares and getting a spare tire lined up.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Oh wow, didn't know that was an attainable point!
It is an unbelievable relief to say "no more." Somehow it brings decades of modifications and then tweaking my 80 for 5 years to a very relaxing end. Over the past year though? We dumped about 5k into it chasing all the oil leaks, including valve stem seals, new radiator, rebuilt heater core, and, last but not certainly least, a hot water shower system. It's all good for at least another 100,000 miles, at which time a new engine and transmission may be in order. I really like the Slee swap they do. 25K for a modern V8 and a modern transmission seems like a lot, but it is way less expensive than a new rig.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Drilled first holes in the Jeep! Finally put the TeraFlex table on the back gate of the Jeep. Well yesterday anyway (Sunday).

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
This weekend finally got my rtt hoist built. Then got my front runner quick release mounts mounted to my rhino rack pioneer platform. Then mounted the tent for the first time since owning tent. 20190413_200944.jpeg20190413_201007.jpeg

Reactions: Ubiety

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
As there was a really bad storm all over TX on Sat, I spent several hours in the garage under the truck installing the wiring for a combo GPS/dash cam/backup cam unit only to find the cable to the backup camera was 4' too short to reach from the hitch to the head unit. I spent Sun afternoon taking it all back off so I can box it up and return it today. Ever so slightly frustrating.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
As there was a really bad storm all over TX on Sat, I spent several hours in the garage under the truck installing the wiring for a combo GPS/dash cam/backup cam unit only to find the cable to the backup camera was 4' too short to reach from the hitch to the head unit. I spent Sun afternoon taking it all back off so I can box it up and return it today. Ever so slightly frustrating.
I cant even remember the last time I bought or ordered something that worked the first time!

Reactions: roots66