Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

What did I do to my rig today... Bought it lol. View attachment 91509
What did I do to my rig today... Sold it lol.

Don't worry … I have 4 more Jeeps. I bought this one as a parts car (and for a parts car price) but just couldn't take it apart. It was way too good so I found a new home for it. I'll be happy to see another Comanche on the road.

I kept the one on the right.

Contributor I

Boise, ID
Member #

What did I do to my rig today... Sold it lol.

Don't worry … I have 4 more Jeeps. I bought this one as a parts car (and for a parts car price) but just couldn't take it apart. It was way too good so I found a new home for it. I'll be happy to see another Comanche on the road.

I kept the one on the right.
Should have kept it and swapped in the 97+ interior, doors, and drive train!

IMG_4265.jpg

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

You're not kidding about the weight reduction; that thing is heavy! Unfortunately I have to have a muffler in this province, but I'm going to try to find a slimmer, louder one, because I love hearing that B20z purr lol
Yea stock ones are pretty heavy. I put a summit brand 40 series muffler on my toyota and it sounds good.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

A bunch of folks from the mountain bike forum got together for a day of wheeling and new rig shake downs at Hollister Hills SVRA Park.

I stuck with the group doing mostly blue trails with some black segments mixed in. I just don't have the front bumper clearance to tackle the harder trails yet. Traction was never an issue even in the muddy steep off-camber sections of trails (downhill) or the dry steep hill climbs.

The lil stock Taco on bald street tires gave it his best shot but ended up hung up on a large rock. We tried winching him up but it resulted in the Jeep being dragged towards the Taco. So they hooked the Jeep to another Jeep and then my truck and it drug both Jeeps down the hill. So we removed the winch and hooked up a tow strap to my truck and I (gently) drug him up the hill with remarkable ease. There is a VERY steep slope on his drivers side and his tires were on the edge with at most 3" to spare. Everyone was floored by how much he got through that day on those tires with no lockers, just LSD rear.

My other buddy showed up with his 4Runner to play around and test some new mods.

My buddy that founded the MTB forum made a little video clip of the day. Our groups got split up so he mostly had footage of the big boys playing in the obstacle course while us newbs played on the mountain. There are some awesome overland-based 4Runners in the video.

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
Started layout for bedslide on the M101a1 trailer. Machined some round bar stock for bushings on the roller bearings on the slides.

Attachments