HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Latest picture of my coastal offroad fj cruiser bumper. Welding done. Ive got to make the light holes 1/8 bigger on each side to fit these new lights. Then drill holes for lights on top. Then finish it. Powder coat or paint. Still thinking on it.View attachment 84093

That piece of round pipe in the bottom left is not part of the bumper. Yet. Might make its way on there in some way.
Well done. Looking forward to seeing it all hooked up.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I drove it into town on a rugged paved county road to turn in my Enhanced CCW app and my passport app (so I can go into Canada again - last time I was there, I didn't need a passport). My LX is my daily driver, not the van in my avatar.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Latest picture of my coastal offroad fj cruiser bumper. Welding done. Ive got to make the light holes 1/8 bigger on each side to fit these new lights. Then drill holes for lights on top. Then finish it. Powder coat or paint. Still thinking on it.View attachment 84093

That piece of round pipe in the bottom left is not part of the bumper. Yet. Might make its way on there in some way.
Really nice work! The best part its original to your vehicle no one will have the set-up ... very cool.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Latest picture of my coastal offroad fj cruiser bumper. Welding done. Ive got to make the light holes 1/8 bigger on each side to fit these new lights. Then drill holes for lights on top. Then finish it. Powder coat or paint. Still thinking on it.

It's coming along nicely! I vote paint because it's easier to touch up after scratches.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Really nice work! The best part its original to your vehicle no one will have the set-up ... very cool.
Definately part of my plan. The unique is a result of Trying to keep things as local as possible. Sliders, skids and bumper all from small canadian shops within a few hours of my place. Maybe its the canadian cruiser? I dig a lot of the other stuff, but turns out its the same price to support local, and i end up with a 1 of a kind truck.

Last edited:

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Just installing solar to be able to power the fridge and lights etc
Will you be posting the step by step install possibly? I've seen several owners do the same addition to their vehicle ... Its crazy how the implementation of solar panels being added as a power source to vehicles has grown exponentially over the past 10 years. I've only dream about doing the same thing to mine someday. Good luck with the install!!

Roverin

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO, USA
Member #

Will you be posting the step by step install possibly? I've seen several owners do the same addition to their vehicle ... Its crazy how the implementation of solar panels being added as a power source to vehicles has grown exponentially over the past 10 years. I've only dream about doing the same thing to mine someday. Good luck with the install!!
No step by step as I’m having an electrical engineer friend help me but I’ll be sure to post some pics and any tips or lessons learned :)