Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wayne, NJ
First Name
John
Last Name
St. Denis
Member #

Im leaving for Utah in 4 weeks. Going to hit 5 NP over 14 days, including White Rim Trails 100 mile off-road through Canyon-lands NP.
Toady I started test/inspect and dry fit all my gear.......

Finally managed to find 3 containers that fit under my Tacoma stock bed cover.....Box 1 Kitchen, Box 2 Dry Goods, Ozark 52gal Cooler and Box 3 Recovery Gear. Left side next to cooler are 2 folding chairs a folding table.

My Hi Lift Jack is mounted passenger side, Axe & Shovel are mounted on drivers side inside bed over wheel wells under bed cover (for security).

Tested my DIY Road Shower, @15psi i did not like the pressure that i was getting from the head so i decided to add 12v marine water pump.

Installed bed rack and aired out RTT

Still waiting on RotopaX 4gal fuel cell and 2 Two gal white water cells to mount on bed rack.

IMG_2985.jpeg IMG_2987.jpeg IMG_2991.jpeg IMG_3012.jpeg IMG_2934.jpg

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Love your setup. I would recommend trying a longer CB antenna - you'll probably get much better performance, as not much of your antenna is above your roof, which reduces your ground plane effectiveness.
Thank you! I do have another antenna which is longer. I just mount the shorter one (mostly for the sake of appearances) when I'm running around town- the longer one won't clear the garage.

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

Finished (cut, stained and edge banded) the temporary table for our pop up truck camper. No pictures; this is the prototype to see how this size works. Final one will be teak.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
I like that setup. Is that a mounting system made by Rotopax?
I purchased the Morryde Heavy Duty hinges for my tailgate to support a heavier than stock spare wheel setup. The Rotopax mount itself is produced by Morryde, which was made to mount to their HD hinges. All the other hardware is by Rotopax. I don't know what kind of setup you have, but there may be similar products that mount to the OEM hinges.

dazz_211

Rank 0

Traveler I

What did you think of the ST Maxx?
Really good. I never got stuck with them, although I can't say I went anywhere extreme with them. Hence one of the reasons I have gone to a less aggressive tread.

They were certainly more noisy than these new ones. Puncture resistance was pretty good. I had several cuts and nicks in them. But only ever one puncture which I had repaired.

I estimate I had about 40,000 miles give or take on them. Tread depth was getting low on the fronts but still plenty on the rears.

If I was going to drive more challenging terrain, I would be happy to get them again. [emoji2]

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Im leaving for Utah in 4 weeks. Going to hit 5 NP over 14 days, including White Rim Trails 100 mile off-road through Canyon-lands NP.
Toady I started test/inspect and dry fit all my gear.......

Finally managed to find 3 containers that fit under my Tacoma stock bed cover.....Box 1 Kitchen, Box 2 Dry Goods, Ozark 52gal Cooler and Box 3 Recovery Gear. Left side next to cooler are 2 folding chairs a folding table.

My Hi Lift Jack is mounted passenger side, Axe & Shovel are mounted on drivers side inside bed over wheel wells under bed cover (for security).

Tested my DIY Road Shower, @15psi i did not like the pressure that i was getting from the head so i decided to add 12v marine water pump.

Installed bed rack and aired out RTT

Still waiting on RotopaX 4gal fuel cell and 2 Two gal white water cells to mount on bed rack.

View attachment 69813 View attachment 69814 View attachment 69815 View attachment 69816 View attachment 69817
What cases are those? I really like your setup!

Jim

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Finished loading up and arranging my custom fabbed FZJ80 over-dash bar for mounting various RAM fittings for NAV, Lighting Mgmt, iPhone, iPad, GoPro, and 2 swivel cup holders. It’’s ridiculously functional and cool. I don’t think anything else will fit!!View attachment 66535
Thats great, I’ve been thinking of doing something like this on my 4Runner! Could you post pics of how it mounts? Thx