What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Really like that ARB bumper. Looks great! Do you have a rear bumper from them as well? How was the fit?
I am still on the stock rear bumper and I like it, so I do not intend to put in an aftermarket one in the nearest future.
But the front ARB Stubby is a wonderful piece and the execution and finish are outstanding. The fit was perfect, as expected. This replaces an ExpeditionOne full width bumper which was an excellently built bumper but with poor powder coating which started to chip within a year and the bumper started to rust in multiple places. The ARB has multiple coatings treatment and, from what I've seen, it should last longer in the Canadian climate.
The ARB Stubby comes with light mounts that I did not get to put in yet (so they do not show in the pics), but I'll post pics once I have the winch and lights in.20180912_181752.jpeg20180912_205300.jpeg

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I am still on the stock rear bumper and I like it, so I do not intend to put in an aftermarket one in the nearest future.
But the front ARB Stubby is a wonderful piece and the execution and finish are outstanding. The fit was perfect, as expected. This replaces an ExpeditionOne full width bumper which was an excellently built bumper but with poor powder coating which started to chip within a year and the bumper started to rust in multiple places. The ARB has multiple coatings treatment and, from what I've seen, it should last longer in the Canadian climate.
The ARB Stubby comes with light mounts that I did not get to put in yet (so they do not show in the pics), but I'll post pics once I have the winch and lights in.View attachment 68994View attachment 68995
The finish on the ARB really does look nice. I do like the style of that bumper as well. ARB makes some quality stuff!

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

ARB makes some quality stuff!
Oh, you don't need to convince me about that statement.
I have their ARB Stubby bumper, ARB diff covers front and rear, ARB headlights, ARB fridge, ARB tire deflation gauge, ARB tire repair kit, OME hd springs front and rear, OME steering stabilizer, IPF 868 lights. I have only superlatives regarding all and every one of these products.

Reactions: sabjku

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Oh, how could I forget about my ARB compressor?! Three years and runs like new. It still looks like new too, but dirty. Mounted in the engine bay.

Last edited:

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

And.. I took it off.
Cleaned some rust off the frame horns and lower crash bar, then hit them with a couple of layers of Tremclad Pro.
Installed a 90W single row led bar as "fog light" inbetween the horns, made some brackets to mount it inside the crash bar. Fits nicely just under the bumper.
Re-installed the bumper, the winch, and added the lights' support brackets (which came with the ARB bumper).
Next, painting the lights' own brackets black as the stainless steel fits like a sore thumb in the whole picture. Last step will be adding and wiring the zombie/sasquatch lights, and I'm done. [Yeah right... [emoji1787]]20180914_191436.jpeg20180916_112614.jpegScreenshot_20180913-231720_Gallery.jpeg

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Finally got started on painting the road wheels (did the spare a while back). I started in my drive way since it was a nice day, but I moved it into the garage to let my wife have her driveway back for parking the van lol. No, don't worry, my 2 year old didn't fall down. She was being my helper and decided that it was important that she army crawl across the driveway and do some pushups.
jacked.jpg wheelblack.jpg
I think I'm probably going to do the Honda "H" in red as well, ala TRD pro wheels. 1 coat on 1 wheel down...many more coats on it and the others to go. Figure I'll do 3 coats per wheel, inside and out.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I think I'm probably going to do the Honda "H" in red as well, ala TRD pro wheels. 1 coat on 1 wheel down...many more coats on it and the others to go. Figure I'll do 3 coats per wheel, inside and out.
Since you're going custom Instead of Red you might pick up a couple of touchup pens the same color as your rig and paint the H to match the body.

Boort

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Finally got started on painting the road wheels (did the spare a while back). I started in my drive way since it was a nice day, but I moved it into the garage to let my wife have her driveway back for parking the van lol. No, don't worry, my 2 year old didn't fall down. She was being my helper and decided that it was important that she army crawl across the driveway and do some pushups.
View attachment 69139 View attachment 69140

Came out nice but you should have a jack stand or something other than a scissor jack holding up the car...........
Never short cut safety as our brains ALL tell us to.....

Jim

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Came out nice but you should have a jack stand or something other than a scissor jack holding up the car...........

Jim
Good point.

Wheel chock too.

I actually never use a wheel chock and this is a reminder I really should. My dad made the mistake of disconnecting his driveshaft on his f250, while on a slight incline, without the wheels chocked. It rolled backwards over him, caught his leg under the frame, and broke it in 2 places. It could have killed him.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Jim
Immediately after I took the photo, I put wood blocks under the lower control arm to hold it up. Don't have any jack stands unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Cleveland