Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

And out of sight, out of mind...
View attachment 68962
Have you considered some type of tie downs? Those are pretty big, heavy tools to be floating around your rig if there’s an accident. I keep anything bigger than my backpack or a jacket tied down when it’s in the rig. The tool box and other stuff I keep in the rear is strapped down. Don’t want stuff flying up and hitting you.

Reactions: Jedi

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Interesting what you decided needed to be out of sight.
The only “unusual” item would be the bolt cutters and there is a reason to have them. There have been a few times in the backcountry of the desert Southwest we’ve come upon locked gates. There was no reason to cut a lock at the time but it brought to mind in an emergency situation you may find yourself at a dead end with no other option but to cut a lock. It’s that whole zombie apocalypse mindset that I live with daily.

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I got to put the big lights on. Driver is Spot (aka Sasquatch) and passenger is Wide (aka Zombie), Aussie style. Wired separately with their own switch. Now I gotta go scout for a long dark road with no traffic to aim them right, at 185W each I'll need some space. [emoji16] Hard to find in the big city.. I may have to drive a while. [emoji1787]
Gotta flip the switch covers too., tomorrow.20180918_191220-01.jpeg20180905_202400-01.jpeg

WildBill

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Kellett
Member #

This is genius. Now all you need is a spigot that screws into the rotopax spout and you're away to the races.

Apparently I can't link to Amazon on here, which is weird, but I found a relatively affordable one designed for rotopax on there, and there's more than one way to skin a cat ;)
View attachment 67843
I was planning on fabricating on until I discovered the same item! Its in the mail to me and I'll post a picture once it arrives, and maybe a quick video to show the water flow.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

PandaMonium 428

Rank IV

Traveler III

Carl Junction, Jasper County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
O’Connell
ImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1537336246.522888.jpgImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1537336258.492425.jpgImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1537336268.374031.jpg

Drove the beast to get it inspected. Passed with flying colors. Talked with the mechanics for 30 mins as to why there is a fuel injected 400 small block in such a big vehicle. Was also told solid axels are super dangerous and to not go over 65mph or ill die by the older guy.

Need these seats, shame they’re made down under.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

View attachment 69229View attachment 69230View attachment 69231

Drove the beast to get it inspected. Passed with flying colors. Talked with the mechanics for 30 mins as to why there is a fuel injected 400 small block in such a big vehicle. Was also told solid axels are super dangerous and to not go over 65mph or ill die by the older guy.

Those might be the sickest seats I've ever seen in any vehicle period.

Reactions: George Elsaesser

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

View attachment 69229View attachment 69230View attachment 69231

you can take an aftermarket sport seat and recover it in leather with the diamond in french stitch and then recover the rear seats to match I have a guy here in LA that does it great guy have used him and worked along side him for years from daily drivers to sema and ces cars... I can't guaranty his availability tho LOL..

Reactions: Clint Hughes

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Paint Odyssey continues...I hope to be finished tomorrow. Side note, I pulled the drums while I had the back jacked up on blocks, and the shoes seem to be okay, so that's good. I'll confirm with some research.
IMG_20180919_183409232.jpg

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

IMG_20180922_170028141_HDR.jpg IMG_20180922_165635612.jpg IMG_20180922_170046638_HDR.jpg Finally finished the wheels. Settled on 2 coats each for economy and time constraint reasons. I honestly did quite a rush job, and I think they look pretty awesome despite my cutting certain corners.
Had a bit of a scary moment qhen the crappy scissor jack decided to tip over while I was trying to put one of the rear wheels back. Fortunately, I had taken the precaution of wood blocks, and the trailing arms just rested on that, no harm done. However, I was done with that POS jack and went out and bought a 12 tonne multi-directional bottle jack the same night.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

WheresWaldo

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

After a bunch of wiring, crimping, soldering, velcroing, SWR testing and antenna length adjustment I now have a CB radio and splitter to run the AM/FM radio off the same firestik antenna - miraculously it all seems to work, just need to find someone to radio with to see if it *actually* works!!

IMG_1105.JPGIMG_1106.JPG

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I picked up the 3rd gen 4Runner from Full Awn Fab in Beaton, Va after an OME 3 inch kit with diff drop. All the struts and shocks were totally shot after years of the PO’s neglect. It’s kind of cool to see this rig come back to life.

Also had Full Awn address some minor rust on the frame. After a wire wheel, some spot patches and a liberal dose of paint... the frame looks better than the body! :flushed:

We’re looking forward to a little shakedown trip to Peters Mill/Taskers gap to see how the rig takes to its natural habitat in the coming week. Now that we’re done with baselining the rig, super looking forward to some more interesting mods and upgrades! Thinking front winch bumper and sliders will be the first move. With replacing those AT tires soon after.