What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Dock Rocker

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I am one of those those guys that takes on WAY to many projects with not enough time to do much of anything.

I have two dueling projects going on. Neither of them is moving fast as life and a two year old are taking their toll.

Project 1 is the tow pig. I am prepping it for some “glamping” to introduce the young one to the wild world of camping. It’s my daily driver so that has to always be taken into consideration.
This week it got some new rubber. 35x12.5x 20 Toyo RT’s. As well as a Craigslist list camper top and some new LED’s. It already has an onboard viair tank and compressor.

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

Project 2 also got an upgrade this week. The HMMWV is my more serious off-road rig and camping wagon. I already had a ready hydraulic milemarker winch but this week I added a warm 12.5k front winch and winch plate. It’s about to get a 4l80e to get it above 55 mph, compressor and tank, a 4 man rear bulkhead and roll bar / tire carrier.

IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_2585.JPG

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
HappyOur .... can I ask what led you to the SSO sliders? I’m still trying to decide which sliders I want.
It started on the recommendation from another bumper manufacturer when I was at expo west looking for a slimline front bumper. SSO was the first to bring out a slimline. Since they had the style of rock sliders I wanted also, (especially the step plate) It just made sense to keep it in the family. They also reworked their back bumper, the Trailgater, so I bought all three. Bumpers should be in in a month.

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Breakfast road trip
It started on the recommendation from another bumper manufacturer when I was at expo west looking for a slimline front bumper. SSO was the first to bring out a slimline. Since the had the style of rock sliders I wanted also, (especially the step plate) It just made sense to keep it in the family. They also reworked their back bumper, the Trailgater, so I bought all three. Bumpers should be in in a month.
As a new owner of a 2016 4R Trail I’m seriously considering the SSO slimline front bumper. I like how it keeps the lines of the front end but has recovery points and winch capability.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Breakfast road trip

As a new owner of a 2016 4R Trail I’m seriously considering the SSO slimline front bumper. I like how it keeps the lines of the front end but has recovery points and winch capability.
Agree... SSO are the inovaters of the slimline. There are a few others on the market now but I kept coming back to the look of the SSO. There customer service is great also. When I got my sliders, there were no bolts...called them up and they shipped them out that day. No hassle no fuss.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Agree... SSO are the inovaters of the slimline. There are a few others on the market now but I kept coming back to the look of the SSO. There customer service is great also. When I got my sliders, there were no bolts...called them up and they shipped them out that day. No hassle no fuss.
Great customer service is hard to find!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Installed the cable for my new antenna and tested SWR. The addition of an extra nut to lengthen the antenna got it to <1 on Channel 1 and 1.4 on channel 40. Good enough for me! The cable routing is a little bit mickey mouse, I know, but frankly it wasn't worth the huge effort involved to get it completely hidden behind the wall panels all the way along. From the B-pillar forward, it's completely hidden/protected behind the interior trim panels.View attachment 68606 View attachment 68607 View attachment 68608
Those are some healthy SWR’s!

PandaMonium 428

Rank IV

Traveler III

Carl Junction, Jasper County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
O’Connell
Brought ShaNasty to the new house and had to wash her in the dark, also had to let the neighbors know I have a loud vehicle now too. The reverse lights are on when its in drive, I need to adjust the shift lever to accommodate for the 700R4 tranny. Tagged and the building is finally going to take off. ImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1537063572.986071.jpgImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1537063593.237768.jpg

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I like the DIY spirit. Where I live, I've never found it economical to do my own oil changes - way cheaper and less hassle to have my mechanic do it, that way I don't have to worry about what to do with the old oil and filter.

Also, I noticed your plate - thank you for your service. :)

Reactions: George Elsaesser

George Elsaesser

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
George
Last Name
Elsaesser
Member #

It would probably cost me just about the same to have a mechanic do it, but it gives me the chance to get under the Jeep and check things out. I take the old oil to Oreilly’s and they dump it for free. Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. [emoji16]